Thread: ComiXology To Run Big Daredevil Sale On Monday

Administrator

Default ComiXology To Run Big Daredevil Sale On Monday

Again, we get advance word of ComiXology and Marvel's sale plans for next week. On Monday, expect to see a 99 cent/69 pence price point for

Daredevil vol 1 1-8 - from the nineteen sixties, with Stan Lee, Bill Everett and Wally Wood.

Vol 2 1-19 - from the noughties, with Kevin Smith, Joe Quesada, Jimmy Palmiotti and friends.

Vol 3 (current) 1-10.1 with Mark Waid, Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin

And Daredevil Yellow, from Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

Consultant of Cool

This is the kind of pricing lunacy that prevents digital comics from truly blossoming. $0.99 for a fifty year old comic? And that's a sale price? Just silly. If Marvel/DC were smart they would just go to an all-you-can-eat pricing scheme where for $20 a month you had access to every comic they have ever produced.

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AGH View Post
    This is the kind of pricing lunacy that prevents digital comics from truly blossoming. $0.99 for a fifty year old comic? And that's a sale price? Just silly. If Marvel/DC were smart they would just go to an all-you-can-eat pricing scheme where for $20 a month you had access to every comic they have ever produced.
    You mean like the Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited, which they've had for longer than ComiXology has been around?

Although I'd agree that they'd do well to make 99c the standard for the real old stuff--you can get the work even cheaper than that on paper in an Essential!
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    You mean like the Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited, which they've had for longer than ComiXology has been around?

Although I'd agree that they'd do well to make 99c the standard for the real old stuff--you can get the work even cheaper than that on paper in an Essential!
    I've seen so many people who bitch about digital comic prices have no idea Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited exists. It's $5 per month (if you pay for a year, otherwise it's $10/month), and it's been around over 5 years now, with over 10,000 comics available.

Quote Originally Posted by AGH View Post
    I don't know why or how it works exactly but I know that the minimum price for an in app purchase is set at 99. This is standard for all stores like the iPhone app store, Google play, etc. Except if it's free of course.

Exceedingly Cool

The first 10 issues of Daredevil are also available as Masterworks in hard cover for $50 or paperback for $25, or on eBay for some utterly random price. Ten dollars for the lot seems to be a steal in comparison.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by patrickjoseph View Post
    The first 10 issues of Daredevil are also available as Masterworks in hard cover for $50 or paperback for $25, or on eBay for some utterly random price. Ten dollars for the lot seems to be a steal in comparison.
    Especially since Waid's DD #1 was free digitally a few months ago. I have these in print & will buy them tomorrow. Great deal!
    Last edited by MushroomJones; 01-06-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    www.longboxheroes.com

My fancy podcast and lots of comic book talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    And Daredevil Yellow, from Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.
    ah, those good ol' times when jeph loeb still knew how to write... [sigh]
    If you like this comment you may like to pop by at http://quadrinhosemquestao.com/tag/thomaz-rocha/ ^^

That "Guardian Angel" story arc by Kevin Smith and Joe Quesada came out while I was in high school and I was absolutely absorbed by every issue, as well as frustrated when the next one didn't appear a month later (it was also my inaugural run-in with a chronically late creative team). Always meant to grab a TPB of the story, but maybe I'll just nab these...