Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So What Is In A+X #4 Anyway?

Administrator

Default So What Is In A+X #4 Anyway?

This was the solicitation for A+X #2

KAARE ANDREWS & PETER DAVID (W)KAARE ANDREWS & MIKE DEL MUNDO (A)Cover by KAARE ANDREWSVariant Cover by ED MCGUINNESS & TBASketch Variant by ED MCGUINNESS? Spider-Man and Beast fight zombies in a story by Kaare Andrews (AVX: VERSUS)!? Iron Man, Kitty Pryde and Lockheed fight the Brood in a story by Peter David and your favorite artist!

Which is all very well, except that the Spider-Man/Beast story didn't appear. Instead we got a Chris Bachalo written/drawn Rogue and Black Widow story. And very good it was too. We also had Mike Del Mundo solo drawing David's Iron Man/Kitty Pryde strip.

The Rogue/Black Widow story was brought forward from A+X #3, originally solicited thus;

CHRIS BACHALO & JAMES ASMUS (W)CHRIS BACHALO & BILLY TAN (A)Cover by CHRIS BACHALO? Chris Bachalo writes and draws a teamup of two of the biggest Marvel movie ladies ? BLACK WIDOW AND ROGUE VS. SENTINELS!? James Asmus and Billy Tan bring together the stars of the two biggest new Marvel series ? GAMBIT AND HAWKEYE SAVE LIVES!32 PGS./Rated T ?$3.99

The Rogue/Black Widow story was replaced with the Black Panther/Storm stripand the book then looked like this;

The Black Panther/Storm strip was initially soliicted for issue 4;

A+X #4JASON AARON & JASON LATOUR (W)PASQUAL FERRY & MARK BROOKS (A)Cover by PASQUAL FERRYVariant by ED MCGUINNESSSketch Variant by ED MCGUINNESSArtist Variant by MARK BROOKS? Storm and Black Panther's first post-AVX encounter!? Your other two favorite characters fight your favorite villain.32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

The Marvel site has credits for this issue for
    • Writer: DAVID JASON LATOUR
    • Letterer: Neurotic Cartoonist, Inc
    • Penciler: Kaare Andrews
    • Mark Brooks
    • Editor: Nick Lowe
    • Penciler (cover): Pasqual Ferry
    But no cover to be seen. Could the Kaare Andrews Wolverine/Spider-Man strip be returning? Even though it won't be Superior Spider-Man? Or maybe... it will be now?

Possibly a Quentin Quire and Captain America story versus MODOK? This variant by Brooks seems to led to that theory, as do the little circles in the top corners of the main cover with Storm and T'Challa
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

It's: Confusement

Or it's: Give us a break. Editing is hard

My guess is that it will be a story featuring Spidey and Beast. Which is pretty strange seeing as they just replaced Spidey.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Could the Kaare Andrews Wolverine/Spider-Man strip be returning?
    ... who's in the story again?
    DarthEwok and Maybeland like this.

Way Cool

I loved Mike Del Mundo art in that Kitty pride / iron man story. Hope to see more of his work.

Spidey/Beast story scrapped because (a) Spidey is Doc Ock now, (b) Beast looks different now, (c) Marvel.
    alekesam and DarthEwok like this.

Dean of Cool University

My two favorite characters are going to team up to fight my favorite villain?

Batman and Fantomex vs. Margaret Thatcher?

That's awesome! Thanks Marvel!
    DarthEwok likes this.

Writer: DAVID JASON LATOUR
    david-jason.jpg

Surely not...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpanda View Post
    My two favorite characters are going to team up to fight my favorite villain?

Batman and Fantomex vs. Margaret Thatcher?

That's awesome! Thanks Marvel!
    I would totally buy that comic. Seeing Thatcher getting smited would definitely be worth the $3.99 price tag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast