Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Selling Your Amazing Spider-Man #700 Digital Codes

Administrator

Default Selling Your Amazing Spider-Man #700 Digital Codes

A reader writes to me;
    I recently bought up the last year's worth of Amazing Spider-Man in print, and was selling the digital codes on eBay, and a few just went for over $3, with one at $3.79!!

My copy of #700 sold for $5 with a Buy It Now in less than twenty minutes. I've been using my winnings to fill out the holes in my X-Factor run.
    Selling the digital code for $5 from a book that cost $8 is certainly a way to amortise the cost of... wait, how much did you pay for the print comic?
    The best part is that I buy my books with a 25% discount!
    So $6 then. Meaning you get a code-less print Amazing Spider-Man #700 for $1.

Nice.

Way Cool

If a news story on this site contains no news is it still considered non newsworthy?
    MushroomJones likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ssalefish View Post
    If a news story on this site contains no news is it still considered non newsworthy?
    Well, on TV it is.
    obii and Acrid_Gunsmoke like this.
    Le Pov where I do my thing in French or English.
    My Tumblr: a sign that it's not just the cool kids anymore who have one.
    @Thomallard on Twitter

Exceedingly Cool

I thought ebay wasn't allowing these "selling codes" auctions any longer? Did something change? Did they decide to turn a blind eye?

Exceedingly Cool

I'm also wondering, don't you have to remove a sticker to get to the code. What are people's thoughts on what this does to the collectability of the physical issues?

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    I'm also wondering, don't you have to remove a sticker to get to the code. What are people's thoughts on what this does to the collectability of the physical issues?
    I've asked this question and many collectors sites don't even want to address it for some reason. The code offers will expire in a year or so, I would think at worst removing the sticker would take a mint comic to near mint.

Now when I buy a new blu ray disk, I sell the digital code and the DVD copies that often are included these days and usually pay nothing at all for my blu ray, or very little.

Bleeding Cool

Yawn.. Haven't you milk this cow enough ?

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

marvel comics digital code in X-Men | eBay

Still plenty of codes being sold for a buck or three. This isn't limited to comics, naturally. Movies, etc. A code for The Avengers movie will still get you around $5 on eBay this long after it was released on disk.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...&LH_Complete=1

Why give so many a code for something they don't need, didn't want, and that will expire, and not expect them to see the value in selling it? Or giving it away, of course, which I've done as well. If it keeps someone I know from wasting their money even renting a shit movie like Dark Knight Rises (or a quite mediocre one like The Avengers), I will have done my good deed for that week.
    Last edited by Victorian Squid; 01-04-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Many of these code-less books will never have any real value anyway, BUT some of us remember the Marvel Value Stamps from the 70's. I imagine the codeless current books will be affected the same way the Marvel Value stamp-less books are, even though you don't have to cut them out. The comic is no longer complete. There are a lot of Hulk 181's that people wish still had the value stamp in it.....
    brian-cs and TommyRenob like this.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wjzwiss View Post
    Many of these code-less books will never have any real value anyway, BUT some of us remember the Marvel Value Stamps from the 70's. I imagine the codeless current books will be affected the same way the Marvel Value stamp-less books are, even though you don't have to cut them out. The comic is no longer complete. There are a lot of Hulk 181's that people wish still had the value stamp in it.....
    I was thinking of this as well. If the sticker covering the code is missing, I bet a 3rd party grader would mention it. Good question for the CGC forums...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast