Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers Arena Gives Us The Closest We'll Get To A Captain Britain/Slaine Crossover (Spoilers)

Administrator

Default Avengers Arena Gives Us The Closest We'll Get To A Captain Britain/Slaine Crossover (Spoilers)

In Avengers Arena #2 (and talking of which, there's a hell of a lot of Number Twos from Marvel out this week) we get to meet the kids of the Braddock Academy. Picture a British version of the Jean Grey School that somehow nevcer got mentioned by Brian, Jamie or Betsy Braddock in Uncanny X-Force (which finishes today, even when Cable And?* X-Force are onto their second issue this week). So who have we got?

A mini-Captain Britain, a mini-Namorita...

A mini-vampire hunter and a mini-Slaine...

And Katy Bashir, who is in no way a mashup of Kate Adie and Martin Bashir... and yes, Deathlockette or Death Locket, whichever way you want to go.

So, who will be popular enough to survive and make it through to their own mini-series?

Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.

Wrote the Book on Cool WillipsBrighton's Avatar

Sounds like it was written by Diablo Cody. Not a good thing.

Zen Master of Cool

Aw look, it's our cute POV character with the lame power and the heart of gold who gets to be tortured over the span of the next year or two in horribly exploitative ways. Hurray.

Burbank soon, but up Jim Lee's ass 'til we get there!

This book is awful. The concept is dreadful as well as unoriginal. The editor(s) who approved it should be fired.

I'd be interested in reading these characters, specially after Avengers Academy. Of course, if they weren't in a "Who's dying this issue" book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post

So, who will be popular enough to survive and make it through to their own mini-series?
    Until they are killed off in the first issue of Avengers Arena 2 the Avengening

Until x-23 rips thier heart out

I really just do not get the idea behind this book. I know, The Hunger Games was/is popular, but still. It seems like a terrible waste of the potential most if not all of these young characters have.

New and interesting characters we've never heard of before... introduced in a series which is pretty much a teenage slasher / snuff comic? Yeah. To quite Rorschach, and the witty writing of Azzerello, "Bitch to be you right now."

Yeah, this Battle Royale knockoff in the shadow of the Hunger Games is maybe the cheapest and laziest way Marvel could exhibit their teen characters. A ton of kids and twenty somethings have show interests for numerous characters on that there internets kids today like. So of course Marvel reverts to the only method of getting noticed they know of in their own juvenile mature comics for mature readers like myself mentality.. they off beloved characters for cheap shock value and a flittering moment of attention.

Disgusting. I'd be actually be thankful for the even cheaper cop out that this is all some BS virtual reality sim run by arcade.

I have almost zero prior interest in these characters except for being a big fan of Runaways. Apart from X-23 I've never heard of the others.

Picked it up just out of curiosity and quite enjoyed the first issue. I will definitely be following this series.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast