Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: More Marvel NOW! In April... Ant Man And Heroes For Hire?

Administrator

Default More Marvel NOW! In April... Ant Man And Heroes For Hire?

I confess, I did think that March would see the culmination of Marvel NOW! reaunches. It was meant to go up to February, then we got a bunch of new surprising titles for March, such as Cornell and Davis' Wolverine. But was that it?

It seems not.

Tom Brevoort has confirmed there will be more Marvel Now! relaunches in April.
    I believe the very last Now! launches will be released in April.
    Like that.

So... what are they to be? Another Spider-Man title? X-Factor? Astonishing X-Men?

Well, we still haven't seen that Ant Man we were promised... and the final issue of New Avengers did seem to hint at a Heroes For Hire spinoff...

Captain Cool

Ant Man is in FF. I think he's covered. Doubt it's X-Factor (MARVEL BETTER NOT TOUCH THIS SERIES!). Heroes for Hire would make sense, as well as a potential New Mutants title of some sort.

Bleeding Cool

Hero for Hire makes the most sense

Wrote the Book on Cool

Here's hoping for ant man and a heroes for hire series not written by bendis

Wrote the Book on Cool modok baby's Avatar

Yeah, pretty sure FF is the Ant-Man book that was hinted at. I remember Fraction said he'd been pitching an Ant-Man book until he and Brevoort realized Scott Lang fit FF so well. I'm enjoying Fraction and Allred's take so much I'd actually rather not see the character's current portrayal diluted by anyone else yet.

I remember someone from editorial saying there aren't currently plans for any of the New Mutants cast outside of Cannonball and Sunspot on Avengers and Dani in Defenders.

As for other possibilities.. would April be too soon for Gail Simone to have something in the works?
    AMDin likes this.

Captain Cool

Secret X-Men. I mean, we already have Uncanny on both sides, why not a Secret X-Men also?
    marveldcman likes this.

Consultant of Cool

Uh, what? The Ant-Man story in Point One was setting up FF, and Scott's central role there doesn't exactly allow for a solo book.
    batmanreborn1996 likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Convex View Post
    Uh, what? The Ant-Man story in Point One was setting up FF, and Scott's central role there doesn't exactly allow for a solo book.
    What? You expect a guy who trades in comics news and rumors to know such minor details?

Consultant of Cool

I'm going to go for Heroes for Hire (Bendis), Scarlet Spider (Creative Team shake-up), a new X-Book and something new from Spider-Man? Depends how soon Slott is going to wrap up the whole New Sidey thing after it crashes and burns
    DarthEwok likes this.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Wait Scott Lang came back from the dead?
    Will work for Love Checks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast