Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Slott Receives Death Threats Over Spider-Man Plotline.

Administrator

Default Dan Slott Receives Death Threats Over Spider-Man Plotline.

When Dan Slott announced the current Spider-Man plot, he noted that on publication he would probably have to get off the internet and go into hiding.

He probably didn't reckon that the internet just wouldn't let him. Especially when he started posting favour of gun control as well.

His Twitter profile reads;
    Death threats and threats of violence arebeing reported. Insults and vulgarity are being blocked. Notcriticism. Please be civil. Thank you.
    And has recently tweeted;
    Nothing brightens the holidays like reading someone wants to find you & "shove a pencil" in your eye. Can't wait for my Dec 27th signing!

FYI. Death threats and threats of violence are being reported. Please use social media responsibly. Thank you.

I'm blocking rudeness and vulgarity. Instantly. Not criticism. Feel free to be critical if you can keep it civil. Thank you.

Thanks. I know who you are. I have a screen cap. You live in the US. That's illegal and NOT covered under free speech. Expect legal action.

No. Not rattled at all. I'm middle aged and out of shape. I can't take someone in a fight. But I CAN sue them. Till it hurts. So worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post

When Dan Slott announced the current Spider-Man plot, he noted that on publication he would probably have to get off the internet and go into hiding.

He probably didn't reckon that the internet just wouldn't let him. Especially when he started posting favour of gun control as well.

His Twitter profile reads;
    Death threats and threats of violence arebeing reported. Insults and vulgarity are being blocked. Notcriticism. Please be civil. Thank you.
    And has recently tweeted;
    Nothing brightens the holidays like reading someone wants to find you & "shove a pencil" in your eye. Can't wait for my Dec 27th signing!

FYI. Death threats and threats of violence are being reported. Please use social media responsibly. Thank you.

I'm blocking rudeness and vulgarity. Instantly. Not criticism. Feel free to be critical if you can keep it civil. Thank you.

Thanks. I know who you are. I have a screen cap. You live in the US. That's illegal and NOT covered under free speech. Expect legal action.

No. Not rattled at all. I'm middle aged and out of shape. I can't take someone in a fight. But I CAN sue them. Till it hurts. So worth it.
    Shit.

Good luck, Dan!

You have to be incredibly stupid to send someone a death threat in any case, but come on! With what just happened Friday and over who is under a make believe mask!?
    These people might as well cuff themselves and head down to the station as soon as they hit enter.

I can't believe Mark Waid would threaten Dan Slott like that.

Exceedingly Cool

Idiotic. I can understand being overly invested in a character - I am in way too many - or wanting things to go your way but if you can't verbalise it without stooping to this level of aggression then dude, you're the problem, not the writer.

Jesus fucking Christ you retard basement dwellers. It's a fucking comic book. Grow up and get some god damn perspective. 20 fucking little kids were just gunned down by a loon and you're shitting yourselves over a comic storyline?!

It's stupid whiny fucks like you that make me ashamed to enjoy this hobby sometimes.
    Like comics? Video Games? Movies? Come join the fun at Adventure Seekers Wanted: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AdventureSeekersWanted/

where were these when Spider-man made a deal with the friggin devil?! (that's both an honest question and bad joke).

Anyway, here's hoping nothing comes of this and the fools doing it get done for it, spouting a sheer dislike is one thing but this is unacceptable behavior
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Exceedingly Cool

It's amazing when people are willing to live amongst violence and do nothing about it.....but take away their precious imaginary character....and the gloves are off!

Consultant of Cool

This is beyond stupid. It's a book, people. A BOOK. With fictional characters. It's good that you care about what happens to the characters, but please have some perspective.
    Comic fans complain about Twilight fans being raging mad and we're behaving like this ourselves?

Dan knew this was going to happen. Anyone who gets a hair up there about this is just playing in to his hand. Building up buzz for his terrible idea. I can't wait until the day where i can talk to someone about Spider-Man and mention that stupid time where Doc Ock switched bodies with him.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast