Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So What Marvel Book Do You Want Joe Madueira To Draw Then?

Administrator

Default So What Marvel Book Do You Want Joe Madueira To Draw Then?

We reported that Joe Madueira was leaving THQ and looking at moving back into comics in a big way. Turns out he's rather a long way along the road at Marvel Comics. More than just a cover or two. He writes;

Ok! First of all, thank you for all the support. It means the world to me. I just wanted to provide a little more info/clarify a few points. I wish I could hit every single question, and maybe I will someday, but for now:

1-I left Vigil and THQ on very good terms. The continued success of the studio is extremely important to me. And it is not out of the question that I could work with them as an external developer. I'm just not an employee anymore.

2-My leaving is not the 'end of Darksiders'. DS belongs to THQ, they are free to make as many Darksiders sequels as they'd like.

3- I'm not leaving games.

4-You diehard Battle Chasers fans are hilarious. No matter where I go or what I'm talking about, BC is always on people's minds. I LOVE YOU! In all honesty, it probably won't happen immediately, but I would absolutely love to relaunch this book at some point down the road. I can't commit to it though until I'm positive I could swing it. I can only imagine the terrible fate that would await me if I stopped doing the book a second time. So won't do it until I can do it right. And there are a couple projects between now and then. If anything changes, you will be the first to know!!

5-Yes, the Marvel stuff is still happening. As I mentioned, this will be my focus for a bit as Marvel has been extraordinarily patient with me as pages slowly trickled in while I was also Vigil's Creative Director. Before I do ANYthing else I need to get some books done!

6- Thanks again. Your energy and excitement constantly pick me up and motivate me on those gloomy days. ?

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Never, never understood that this guy was turned into a "comicbook superstar", never understood the hype, never liked Battle Chasers very much, but the book and the artist serve as a good example how not to do a creator owned project.
    So, in other words I couldn't care less, I just hope he doesn't get assigned to one of the 4-5 Marvel books I still buy per month.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Wrote the Book on Cool Union Jim's Avatar

So What Marvel Book Do You Want Joe Madueira To Draw Then?
    One with an inker.

(Snide aside, I just want Battle Chasers back, or at least finished).

Wrote the Book on Cool

He can draw whatever comic book he wants as long as it's not one of those i'm reading. Never been a fan of his artwork at the time when he was "good" and "hot"... I'm even less now.

His Ultimates were not my cup of tea at all.

Exceedingly Cool

His pre-manga inspired work was a thing of beauty and I would love to see it on ANY Marvel book (see: his Uncanny X-Men run (about 4 issues) before the Age of Apocalypse). His post-manga inspired work would probably be better suited for something funky or different. In other words, I wouldn't want to see him on something like Daredevil or Hawkeye, but I would like to see him do something cosmic (Guardians of the Galaxy or Beta Ray Bill) or maybe even sci-fi/horror (Morbius or Ghost Rider) where the characters can look weird or funky, but not out of place. Having Joe Mad headline any of those books can only help their sales, and if he's got a good writer attached, a really nice long run could develop. When was the last time something like Ghost Rider or Beta Ray Bill lasted longer than 12 issues? In this climate of declining comic sales, Joe Mad could make the difference between a 4 issue run (that was meant to be a limited series all along, they PROMISE!) or an acclaimed 25-50 issue run.

The one caveat would be that he would have to get something like 10 issues in the can before the book is even announced. That way you get a good long run and not 2 issues followed by rotating guest artist of the month for 6 issues straight.

Zen Master of Cool

I too, am not a Joe Mad fan .. his style takes me out of the story ...

that's not why I replying though .. the reason is this quote:

You diehard Battle Chasers fans are hilarious.
    which is odd to me ..

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

An important thing to remember about Joe Mad is that he was 16 when he did his first professional comics work and was barely out of high school when he did Age of Apocalypse. Battle Chasers was just a couple years after that. Think about all the things you did in college that you're not proud of and then maybe cut him a little slack...

VP in Charge of Cool hellblazer72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by die-yng View Post
    Never, never understood that this guy was turned into a "comicbook superstar", never understood the hype, never liked Battle Chasers very much, but the book and the artist serve as a good example how not to do a creator owned project.
    So, in other words I couldn't care less, I just hope he doesn't get assigned to one of the 4-5 Marvel books I still buy per month.
    I'd say the guy doing nonplayer is showing how not to so a creator-owned project. Atleast joe Mad got more than one issue out.

Bring. Back. Battle Chasers.

Apart from that: A "Blink" solo book or at least an "Exiles" relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Union Jim View Post
    One with an inker.
    True. But said inker HAS to be Tim Townsend.

気持ち悪い

Exceedingly Cool
    Over the horizon. Keep going, you'll find it.

Cripes. don't want Joe Mad doing anything I have to see.

Poor work ethic. More style than substance. After his Ultimates nonsense, I don't want him around. Battlechasers is dead and gone.

With Tolerance For Disappointing Past Glory...

Marq

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast