Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Looking At The Future Of The Marvel Universe

Administrator

Default Looking At The Future Of The Marvel Universe

From Avengers #1, we get a rather entertaining comic book that posits seperate philosophies against each other. And then uses fists to decide the debate.

But we also get a history lesson of what is to come. Sqaudron Supreme, Imperial Guard, Ex nihilo and his crew. And then the light... is this the New Universe connection, the White Event? The War may be the Ultron War. And The Fall?

But there's one other scene that really sticks out. something that comes to mind as Captain America is being woken by Iron Man. He mentions bad dreams and flashes to...

The members of the Illuminati? Looking down on Captain America? What have they done? And will we discover it in New Avengers #1?

Time to hit the Marvel AR for this comic... an intro by Tom Brevoort, pencils and inks, and a motion comic version of the last scene. Wake The World.

Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.

Launching on Thursday Dec 6th 2012 the ?Torchsongs and Fire Hoses? issue of The Illustrated Ape magazine at Orbital Comics sponsored with an exhibition of artwork from the issue running from December 6 to January 6.

This 200 copy limited edition publication comes in a ?Take Away Gallery? bag with a 50 page comics section, CD & special Monkey Shoulder gift.

Contributing artists include: Mina Milk, Debbie Griffin , Marko Matysik. Anthony Ausgang, Matt Valentine, Molly Crabapple , Billy Chainsaw , Henry Hate , Jason Atomic, Jack Mclean , Carl Stimpson , Scott Jason Smith, Dwam Ipomee, Paul Ashley Brown, Trina Dalziel, RiotQueer, Nigel Burch, Jacob Stead, Sina Sparrow, Jessica Kemp, Beibei Nie, Bern Campbell, Madoka Nagata and Zak Smith.

Wrote the Book on Cool

If it wasn't a $3.99 biweekly, I'd probably be picking this up.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by myakoopa View Post
    Ditto. I would be all over this if it wasn't going to cost $8 a month, but it looks like I'll be trade waiting it. And by trade waiting it, I mean waiting even longer for the paperback version...

(and presumably doing the same with New Avengers which actually interests me more).

Very Cool

Really looking forward to this book as Hickman is a great writer and the art looks fantastic. However, the only reason I am buying it is because I am getting the digital code for cheap. Around $3-$4 a month for 40 pages of comic is not bad. $8.00 a month for 40 pages is not something I am doing.
    Adam likes this.

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metcalfe View Post
    Ditto. I would be all over this if it wasn't going to cost $8 a month, but it looks like I'll be trade waiting it. And by trade waiting it, I mean waiting even longer for the paperback version...

(and presumably doing the same with New Avengers which actually interests me more).
    Thank you for reminding me exactly why I initially didn't want to buy the book, even though today I was close to buying it digitally. Trade-waiting here I come!

Wrote the Book on Cool

You mean you don't want the "great" marvel ar bonus features? It "totally" justifies the 3.99 price point

Banned

You mean they're still doing that stupid fucking out-of-character illuminati stuff??
    marveldcman likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    You mean they're still doing that stupid fucking out-of-character illuminati stuff??
    Welcome to the Quesada era of marvel. Stupid out of character moves for cheap thrills

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by marveldcman View Post
    Welcome to the Quesada era of marvel. Stupid out of character moves for cheap thrills
    Yeah, I could sort of understand it when it was 'I'll make use of bad writing to serve a plot point' and they used it to shoehorn the Planet Hulk plot. But for another writer to still be persisting with this moronic idea - baffling
    marveldcman likes this.

It isn't the 3.99 keeping me buying it. It is the bad mix match of dumb out of place characters with real avengers. Chance to bring some real avengers bad to team with expand roster and instead with random characters that don't belong. Cause we all know that is what fans are screaming to see avengers. More X-Men or wait New Mutants members as avengers. Artwork is bland and not looking good. If that is future marvel I don't want anything to do with it.
    marveldcman likes this.
    Q: When do you know DC lies to it's fans?
    A: Whenever someone from DC opens their mouth.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast