Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Trailer: Avengers #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Jerome Opena

Administrator

Default Video Trailer: Avengers #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Jerome Opena

Tomorrow, Marvel publish Avengers #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Jerome Opena. It looks like it might be rather good. Here's a video preview... including the first few scenes of the comic in motion form,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfwraMrtBcI[/youtube]
    Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Avengers #1, kicking offthe all-new ongoing series from the blockbuster creative team of writer Jonathan Hickman, artist Jerome Opena and colorist Dean White! The greatest heroes in comics together on one unbeatable team! Now shipping twice a month, the Avengers ?go large,? expanding their roster and their sphere of influence to a global and even interplanetary level. When Captain America puts out his call - who will answer? Big threats, big ideas, big idealism - these are the Avengers NOW!

An all-new direction! All-new threats! This is Avengers NOW!

This December, Jonathan Hickman and Jerome Opena redefine what it means to be Earth?s Mightiest in Avengers #1!

AVENGERS #1 (SEP120526)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by JEROME OPENA

Colors by DEAN WHITE

Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER

ON SALE DECEMBER 5th!

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

I think this old pic sums up how I feel about this book:

This just reminds me unfavorably of his FF run, where he threw in a bunch of high concepts that ended up mostly filler.

(e.g. the Universal Inhumans, or the new undersea race)

Mario Di Giacomo

Wrote the Book on Cool

It takes a particular skill to take a monologue with such an epic potential and to not use it at all. Couldn't they find someone else to read it?

Wrote the Book on Cool

"Big Idealism" Did I read that correctly in the trailer? What odd thing to put in there.

Bleeding Cool

wasnt impressed and will still not get it.

Bleeding Cool

that must of took 30sec

Exceedingly Cool

wow..feel the love...
    At least I'm excited....has a DNA Legion feel to it...

I'm curious/intrigued. However, any excitement I have for this book is lessened as long as Wolverine and (to a lesser extent) Spidey are on the team. My excitement decreases even further for this book when the writer think that it is a good idea to have an intentional and obvious Superman ripoff (Hyperion) join the team. And if Hyperion isn't bad enough, he's going to have a member of the Imperial Guard join the team (I have no idea if this character will be an original character or a another Legion ripoff/homage character). If Hickman wants to write Superman and the Legion, then he should head over to DC and write those characters. Is it so hard to come up with original characters?
    Last edited by Blade X; 12-04-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Way Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bewareofgeek View Post
    I think this old pic sums up how I feel about this book:

This just reminds me unfavorably of his FF run, where he threw in a bunch of high concepts that ended up mostly filler.

(e.g. the Universal Inhumans, or the new undersea race)
    That Inhumans thing is an ongoing plotline that is going to continue in New Avengers with Black Bolt same with the BP plot. You might remember that his run on Fantastic Four and FF got truncated by him being taking the Avengers/NA job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast