Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Hickman Brings Back The New Universe For Marvel NOW!

Administrator

Default Jonathan Hickman Brings Back The New Universe For Marvel NOW!

In the eighties Jim Shooter tried to spearhead a brand new superhero continuity at Marvel Comics, the New Universe, featuring the likes of John Romita Jr, Peter David, Tom DeFalco, Fabian Nicieza, Paul Ryan, Fabian Nicieza, Mark Gruenwald, John Byrne, and many more. DP7 was my favourite by far, an X-Men-alike series, told in real time with powered up people with uniquely exhibited powers trying to band together against the world.

An attempt to bring the New Universe back with Warren Ellis as New Universal died on the vine a bit.

But now Sam Humphries, who wrote with Jonathan Hickman on Ultimates (part of Marvel's current brand new superhero continuity) has posted;
    A round of applause for @jhickman for his spectacular run on ULTIMATES! Thanks for everything and best of luck with the DP7 reboot.

? Sam Humphries (@samhumphries) June 28, 2012
    Wowsers. A joke? Or something more? Check out these preview pages from Avengers #7 by Hickman from iFanboy.

There's imagery from New Universe titles Starbrand and Nightmask there, without a doubt. And that cover? Remember this? Courtesy of the CBR boards...

And check the New Avengers solicitation for January;
    To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati, led by the Black Panther, must assemble NOW! It's the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe--The Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and The Beast--against an infinite legion of parallel realities.
    New Universe. It's back, baby!

Consultant of Cool

Issue #7? Come on, issue #1 hasn't even dropped yet.

Though I do seriously think this Marvel trying to tell the customer they're ahead of schedule on things after the fumbling with Uncanny Avengers. I mean, they've shown us pages from all five issues of Age of Ultron Bryan Hitch is drawing when it doesn't even drop for months.

Hickman will not be bound by the modern, primitive concept of a UNIverse. Nay! He requires a MULTIverse.

Bleeding Cool

DP7 and Starbrand were easily my favorites. I would love to see something of them come back.

Great. Now finish newuniversal.

Quote Originally Posted by Static-Pulse View Post
    Hickman will not be bound by the modern, primitive concept of a UNIverse. Nay! He requires a MULTIverse.
    Hickman really is an awesome writer. Manhattan Projects is damn good. I think Marvel were very smart to put him on the Avengers.

Wrote the Book on Cool Somebody's Avatar

Who's the guy with the Mon-El cape flying opposite Thor in the first panel?

is it hyperion?

I'm so insanely excited for this book.

Zen Master of Cool The Valeyard's Avatar

Only Hickman can be this awesome!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast