Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Final Bendis Avengers Comic Is A Bit Of A Jam...

Administrator

Default The Final Bendis Avengers Comic Is A Bit Of A Jam...

In the final Brian Bendis Avengers comic, New Avengers #34 out today, as well as Mike Deodato's fine work (and the final double page splash is really rather wonderful) there are a bunch of guest artists portraying the big battle between Doctor Strange and, well, everyone. Here's a peek at what you can expect from the people above...

Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.

Consultant of Cool

OMG, now the long dark nightmare of what was Bendis' bestselling Avengers run is over, and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that this handsome monster has been slain and will never darken Marvel's halls again!

What's that? He's helping to make the mess that has been the X-Men readable again?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (Circle pan upwards to reveal a horde of Bendis haters gnashing their teeth, fists raised above their portly forms, as rain pounds down from the night sky and lightning illuminates their Dorito stained faces). Nooooooooooooo!!!

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    OMG, now the long dark nightmare of what was Bendis' bestselling Avengers run is over, and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that this handsome monster has been slain and will never darken Marvel's halls again!

What's that? He's helping to make the mess that has been the X-Men readable again?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (Circle pan upwards to reveal a horde of Bendis haters gnashing their teeth, fists raised above their portly forms, as rain pounds down from the night sky and lightning illuminates their Dorito stained faces). Nooooooooooooo!!!
    Since you were the first to post, and you are posting about the outrage of the Bendis haters ( which no one posted on yet) and then you proceeded to try to insult them further by describing them in an unflattering way....I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are struggling with your weight, and probably don't go out often. I assume that you are projecting your own situation. You sound like a real douche trying real hard to be funny or, I guess, relevant.

Exceedingly Cool

That is a collection of some of the worst comic art i've ever seen. It looks like they got some fans with little to basic artistic talent and had them draw a few pages each.

as a disclaimer though, they all draw 10000X better than I ever could.

downlikecharlie

Ming Doyle and Becky Cloonan all the time, please.

Bleeding Cool

Wow. Is that a kid's cartoon? Is that what passes for legitimate "art" in comics now? LOL!! Saving my money, thanks...
    Traveling.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupteddragon View Post
    That is a collection of some of the worst comic art i've ever seen. It looks like they got some fans with little to basic artistic talent and had them draw a few pages each.

as a disclaimer though, they all draw 10000X better than I ever could.
    Yeah, what we can see here is pretty bad. Without the water-balloon-boobs, the Carol pic would be a fun style for a younger audiences book, and the Strange/Thing extreme closeup is good, but the rest ... Not my cup of tea, at any rate.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Looks like they really went all out on those jam artists.....

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 7thunders View Post
    Since you were the first to post, and you are posting about the outrage of the Bendis haters ( which no one posted on yet) and then you proceeded to try to insult them further by describing them in an unflattering way....I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are struggling with your weight, and probably don't go out often. I assume that you are projecting your own situation. You sound like a real douche trying real hard to be funny or, I guess, relevant.
    Aww, you missed the part where I was craving the acceptance that only the Little Bleeders can give!

Actually, I just really liked the visualization of a throng of kind of overweight rage-nerds in a lightning storm as a camera circle pans above them.

The scene still makes me giggle, causing my ample frame to roll like a bowl full of jelly.

Bleeding Cool

Does anybody else add-block Rich's sig pic? Just too big, man...
    Traveling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast