Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Spider-Man 2099 On The Cover Of Superior Spider-Man #1

Administrator

Default Spider-Man 2099 On The Cover Of Superior Spider-Man #1

Don't worry though, it's just a sketch cover, being sold by Dynamic Forces. Considering what most believe to be Dan Slott's red herring of a tweet a few weeks ago, placing Miguel in the new series, this appears to be a rather entertaining bait by artist Ken Haeser...

And look! It worked!

Very Cool

Still a possibility for Miguel, but who knows. It's still a possibility because the superior spider-man has claws and a foot talon thingy. Unless future experiments makes *the current spider-man* that way

Wrote the Book on Cool

If anything is the red herring, I'm still thinking it's Peterpuss. Especially from what they've shown of 700.

Still, was nice to walk into my LCS and hear everyone talking about Spider-Man - and in a good way, not a OMiT or BND sort of way.

A few of my Facebook friends have posted that Amazing 698 as so shocking and they didn't see it coming and whatever, and I wonder how much of that is because it was such an amazing plot twist and how much of it is because they were hyped into believing it would be and went in already deciding to have that reaction.

I just think it's funny that now that people know the revelation, they're going, "Huh. I think I would have preferred the red herring." Isn't that the opposite of how a red herring plot twist is supposed to work? Isn't what actually happens supposed to be more exciting than what they made you think was going to happen?
    awesomesauce likes this.
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Offenberg View Post
    I just think it's funny that now that people know the revelation, they're going, "Huh. I think I would have preferred the red herring." Isn't that the opposite of how a red herring plot twist is supposed to work? Isn't what actually happens supposed to be more exciting than what they made you think was going to happen?
    All true, but I believe that a part of it is that Otto stealing Peter's life and leaving him to die in his old body is a dick move that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. If Otto does end up being Spider-Man in SSM, that would be pretty damn awful. Who wants to read a comic where the title character killed his predecessor, stole his life, and is a megalomaniac asshole?

Well, it's obviously a temporary set up, and there will be parallel stories with seeing a villain trying to fit into a hero's shoes, while also following Peter Parker's soul as he tries to reclaim his body. It's all just a bit been there, done that, though.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Offenberg View Post
    Well, it's obviously a temporary set up, and there will be parallel stories with seeing a villain trying to fit into a hero's shoes, while also following Peter Parker's soul as he tries to reclaim his body. It's all just a bit been there, done that, though.
    And yet, the people who are actually reading it seem to be enjoying it. Maybe you should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    And yet, the people who are actually reading it seem to be enjoying it. Maybe you should try it.
    I have. Wasn't my cup of tea.

Yup! Just a sketch cover mock up done after Dan Slott's tweet and the look of the new Spidey costume--- especially the finger and toe claws. I know as much as you guys.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast