Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A December Without Uncanny Avengers?

Administrator

Default A December Without Uncanny Avengers?

Issue 3 of Marvel's biggest-selling-until-All-New-X-Men-figures-are-released Uncanny Avengers, solicited for December, has now been pushed out to January 16th. This follows the two week delay for Uncanny Avengers #2 to November 28th. Despite being solicited as a monthly book, it is currently shifting to a six week/seven week schedule rather than four week/five week.

While that may be bad news for some (and makes January's solicitation Uncanny Avengers #4 look rather in doubt - will Marvel not solicit an issue in February to help make up for it?) this does mean that retailers are more able to either increase of decrease their orders for the comic depending on how the first issue sells in store. It's harder for other Marvel NOW! launches to be so reactive with multiple issues a month, as final orders for issue 2s have to be received before issue 1 has gone on sale.

Maybe not so much of an uncanny delay after all...

Wrote the Book on Cool

Love Cassiday.. and every wait for Planetary or Astonishing was worth it.. but I just don't get after all these years that they don't know he takes 6 weeks to do an issue... and plan accordingly...

Exceedingly Cool

Exactly why I won't commit to buying this monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by pulpfriction View Post
    Exactly why I won't commit to buying this monthly.
    Pretty much. This is nit going well

Way Cool

Nice Job Marvel! maybe next time you should give yourselves a head start before "relaunching" anything. Always good to see the first Marvel NOW title is already plagued with problems. Maybe Marvel should call DC and ask how i's done.

Marvel missed the boat with the relaunches of their core titles by spacing them out as they have. What should have been excitement is only confusion as some books are ending as other are relaunched. They really should have drawn a line in the proverbial sand and rolled out the #1's after all the other series had tied up because they are not generating anywhere near the buzz or sales of DC efforts.
    They also screwed the pooch by not following DC's example of offering some kind of returnability for retailers on the first few issues to encourage shops to keep the issues in stock.
    My LCS plans on slashing orders on issues 3 on up as they can adjust to actual sales and is heavily encouraging customers to sign up for a pull service lest they miss an issue.
    And don't get me started on those 'effing variants that they think will make up for sticking retailers with books they can't sell.
    I'm guessing it will be lots of Uncanny Avengers #1 on Free Comic Day.
    Last edited by FantomGuy; 11-09-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Wrote the Book on Cool DaveOMac's Avatar

Cassady is worth the wait.

However when I saw him on Uncanny Avengers I assumed they had enough in the bag for 6 issues and then we'd get a new artist and maybe have John back within the year for an arc.

Oh well. So much for this beign the "core" or "main" Marvel Universe book.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOMac View Post
    When I saw Cassaday on Uncanny Avengers I assumed they had enough in the bag for 6 issues.
    Exactly. As others have pointed out above it isn't like Cassaday's an unknown quantity. Why Marvel wouldn't schedule around his 6-7 week pace is a mystery and a stumble in their "Marvel NOW!" relaunch.

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

Don't like Cassiday or Remender enough to bother with an irregular shipping schedule. One Avengers title crossed off my list, two more to go...

So this isn't a case of it being Marvel Now but more like Marvel eventually?? It's slightly astounding that Marvel can fuck up a relaunch of its biggest title the same year it is the top movie and brings international awareness to the team and the characters. And based on the first issue it's not even worth the wait. PA-thetic!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast