Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: A December Without Uncanny Avengers?

Dean of Cool University Candletric's Avatar

With the reduction in titles and slacking off the bimonthly production, Marvel is losing the marketshare. But I'm sure that's their plan, eh?

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Candletric View Post
    With the reduction in titles and slacking off the bimonthly production, Marvel is losing the marketshare. But I'm sure that's their plan, eh?
    Weird thing to post considering the article above this. But no, I don't see any long-term sales dominance coming from any of this.
    Superfictious - Read super fiction, metafiction, and flash fiction from the original physicist fictionist.

Exceedingly Cool

Their new slogan: MARVEL... LATER!

Quote Originally Posted by m0rris0n View Post
    So this isn't a case of it being Marvel Now but more like Marvel eventually??
    More like "MARVEL LATE" or "MARVEL LATER".

Quote Originally Posted by drumore View Post
    Their new slogan: MARVEL... LATER!
    Crap, I just saw your post. You beat me to it.

Bleeding Cool

Newsarama.com : October 2012 Comics Sales Best 2011-Early NEW 52 Figures
    Uncanny was number one last month i wonder if it will go down because of tardiness

Zen Master of Cool

I usually don't bitch about delays. I'd rather see the best product possible come out then see subpar, rushed art and/or writing. It just doesn't bother me, other than the overwrought fan anticipation that comes with it. But for some reason, this really rubs me the wrong way and lowers my interest in the comic. Is it because it's hit with these problems before the series has started? Is it that it's the flagship book for Marvel's relaunch? Is it that DC's New 52, for all of the other problems they have, have pretty much done accomplished the impossible with their own timeliness through the first year, and Marvel fucked it up in month one? I'm not going to start a lynch mob or anything, and this is a fairly unusual thing for me to be bothered by... But it is off-putting.

It might also be that I still consider Rick Remender a bit overrated, and I'm not sure he's gotten me all of that interested in this book to begin with. I'm much more interested in Jason Aaron's X-Men and Hickman's Avengers than this bit of weirdness.

VP in Charge of Cool

The sad part is, is that Cassidy's artwork SELLS books.

Fans will wait for the next few books to come out late or not. Even as much as we gripe about it, some of us (probably even myself) will be the first in line to get his books.

I'm not giving Marvel a pass for their shady shipping practices, but history tells us that Marvel will sell us any little pretty thing, and like the sheep we are the fans will line up to buy it.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Greygor View Post
    We finally get the elections out of the way and an end to the constant sniping and once more we're back with it in the comic world. It seems that we''l never get past the fact that DC Fans can't resist sniping at Marvel and vice versa.

Sigh

Oh well, can't expect miracles I suppose. Anyone fancy a New Years Resolution to avoid posting about things they neither read or have any interest in?

Such a true comment....I'm in on that resolution...although I typically already try to stay away from any obvious dc-related bashing now, but for the resolution to work, ill have to get it all out of my system...can't we just like what we like? When I read comments of a story like this, why am I seeing nothing but dc fanboy tirades? Are you more interested in bashing other people's interests than paying attention to your own? I have every reason to post here, but why are you if you hate everything about something youve never taken the time to understand? Uncanny's first issue was great, the writer is easily one of the hottest in all of comics today, the artist is kind of a legend in the community....a couple weeks of delay on something incredible is far better in my eyes than month after month of the same old garbage 90s image comics redux......snyders batman is the only reason I ever need to peek over that fence personally, I know that because I've read a lot of the rest & remain unimpressed. I find it hilarious that all you people have seemed to say is how much money the new 52 has made. Beyond the fact that this is the first time in many many years that dc has been beating marvel in the numbers dept., don't you guys have anything interesting to say about the stories you ARE actually reading? When did numbers become the deciding factor of quality in an art form? By your logic Michael Bay is one of the best directors in modern cinema, Taco Bell is the king of American Cuisine, and Twilight is the most important modern literature piece of our times.
    jamius likes this.

Bleeding Cool

I put the blame on the editor for these delays. He should be taken off the book. Poor planning.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast