Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Dani Moonstar, Misty Knight And Valkyrie Join An All-New All-Female Superhero Team From Marvel - The Fearless Defenders

Administrator

Default Dani Moonstar, Misty Knight And Valkyrie Join An All-New All-Female Superhero Team From Marvel - The Fearless Defenders

Teased as the "Fearless", tying into both the now-cancelled Defenders team and the post-Fear Itself Fearless book, The Fearless Defenders is one of those all-female lead comic books that Axel Alonso promised us earlier in the year.

And while no all-male team has needed a reason to be an all-male team, the Fearless Defenders are what are needed by Valkyrie to combat the fact that she hasn't created a new Valkyrior, the Stan-and-Jack created warrior goddesses of Asgard, from the superheroines of Earth.

The book will co-star Misty Knight, Valkyrie, and changing female cast including Dani Moonstar. Newsarama have announced the book, with an interview with creative team, Cullen Bunn and Will Sliney.

VP in Charge of Cool Enigma_2099's Avatar

No, I'm not going to call this a dumb idea. I'm just gonna hope they stick with it and the book last a little longer... you know, unlike the last time they did this.
    SAMURAI36 likes this.
    ~Hah... HAH, I SAY!!! The only way I'll even start to believe any attempt that he makes to pay what he owes is sincere and genuine is if he pawns the damn Porsche and uses that as collateral.

This is like me shooting a baby in the head, and trying to sound all repentative pleading my case, WHILE CHEWING ON IT'S CORPSE.~

My opinion of Pat Lee.

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

A book by Bunn starring Val, Misty, and Dani can do no wrong with me!

Nice to see a team composed entirely by female characters. The 70's visual of misty knight with her uncovered belly doesn't seem very auspicious 'though.
    Anyway is good to see some real changes stepping towards diversity in the Marvel Now relaunch.
    If you like this comment you may like to pop by at http://quadrinhosemquestao.com/tag/thomaz-rocha/ ^^

Wrote the Book on Cool

HAHA oh wow, this sounds awful. A Defenders team that has Misty in it? No thanks, she should be on a new Heroes for Hire team. I actually liked the old run of the Defenders that just wrapped.

The "Defenders" title seems tangential, but the core idea works for me.

Putting Misty on a Defenders team with Valkyrie is, IMO, kind of stupid. It's even more stupid that Marvel will relaunch a new DEFENDERS series shortly after the last series was canceled because of low sales.
    SAMURAI36 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    The "Defenders" title seems tangential, but the core idea works for me.

Well, Valkiria was born inside a Defenders comic and has been a defender ever since so i think it kinda makes sense.
    If you like this comment you may like to pop by at http://quadrinhosemquestao.com/tag/thomaz-rocha/ ^^

As long as they leave Bobbi and Valeria alone, I don't have to care.

Quote Originally Posted by thomazroc View Post
    Well, Valkiria was born inside a Defenders comic and has been a defender ever since so i think it kinda makes sense.
    I know, that's why I used "tangential".

She's the only 'Defenders' character, just like Misty Knight is the only 'Heroes for Hire' character. This could be 'The Fearless Heroes for Hire'. Or with Dani as an occasional guest star, 'The Fearless Valkyries' would make more sense.

Also, that image = boobs.
    thomazroc likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast