Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Chris Bachalo Talks Uncanny, Won't Say The Word X-Men, Says It Will Be A Little Darker...

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    In the meantime, I'm having fun imagining what Bachalo will come up with for Illyana's costume. I'm hoping for something with a cloak and hood, properly sorceress-like.
    Maybe something modelled on her "graduation costume" from way back in New Mutants. That certainly had a "properly sorcersss-like" feel to it, and it was always one of my favorites of the costumes she's used.

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Maybe something modelled on her "graduation costume" from way back in New Mutants. That certainly had a "properly sorcersss-like" feel to it, and it was always one of my favorites of the costumes she's used.
    That's what I was thinking--maybe in purple, to match Magneto. He used to be her teacher, maybe the only one she really connected with, so there's fertile ground there for a relationship. (No, not that kind of relationship.)
    Comicsfan101 likes this.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by poneley View Post
    I don't agree with your assessment of Cyclops. I think prior to AvX Cyclops made moderate-to-controversial leadership decisions. If you read Consequences #5 you can see that he's become extremely militant. He writes Wolverine a letter saying that he wants him to be the school teacher, and he'll be the dude protecting the school (by any means necessary?) Roles totally reversed. <spoiler>He had Danger carve an "X" on the face of the prison owner as a statement to what he would do to anyone who would abuse mutants.</spoiler>

By the time Consequences #5 ended you could hear a Rage Against the Machine track while the ending credits rolled.
    Im in total agreement as that is what I came out of AvXC with. Cyclops is basically becoming what he thought Wolverine should be.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    Well that was quick. Who broke him out? After 12 issues of decompressed retreading, I didn't bother to pick up the follow-up series.
    The follow up series was much better than the actual crossover.
    Howard likes this.
    To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    Jean-Luc Godard

Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    Ooh. I'd considered Brotherhood, too, but simply "Uncanny X" would be sweet.

And couldn't agree more about Gillen. Bendis had A LOT to live up to.

In the meantime, I'm having fun imagining what Bachalo will come up with for Illyana's costume. I'm hoping for something with a cloak and hood, properly sorceress-like.
    I'm excited, as I LOVED what Bachalo contributed to WaTXM's overall design. Also if this books stays at a 6 man roster (Scott/Emma/Mags/Illy/2 new mutants), I'll be pleased if this book goes monthly after Feb to ensure Bachalo can draw every issue, opposed to doing 3 and being replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by WedShuffle View Post
    AvX Consequences was the antitode to AvX. Not decompressed, morally interesting, really good. I know the normal Marvel pattern is for the coda series to be weaksauce versions of the main event, but it was really good. Makes me sad that Gillen won't be writing the new Uncanny.

Uncanny Brotherhood is my guess.
    It was very much that Bendis one-shot post-Civil War ("Confessions" I think) to the Civl War mini series. The art was a little weak at times, but Gillen's scripts killed.

I gotta chime in and agree with the consensus, Consequences was very good. Its mostly a "talking head" series but its well done. You get some resolutions, some set-up, and some really meaty character development and interaction. Mega kudos to Mr. Gillen. He has transformed into my favorite modern X-writer. Well, I love the team of Gillen, Remender and Aaron. Looks like Remender is no longer doing x-related work for the time being and Bendis is walking into the role of an X-architect. Gillen is also not doing more x-work right? So I guess its just Aaron and Bendis.

I'll have to read Gillen's post x-work for sure.
    Gillen's off doing some stuff for Image, plus Iron Man and Young Avengers, which I'm jacked for. And I'm glad Aaron's sticking with WatXM, it's definetly the most fun of all of the X-titles.

I don't agree with your assessment of Cyclops. I think prior to AvX Cyclops made moderate-to-controversial leadership decisions. If you read Consequences #5 you can see that he's become extremely militant. He writes Wolverine a letter saying that he wants him to be the school teacher, and he'll be the dude protecting the school (by any means necessary?) Roles totally reversed. <spoiler>He had Danger carve an "X" on the face of the prison owner as a statement to what he would do to anyone who would abuse mutants.</spoiler>

By the time Consequences #5 ended you could hear a Rage Against the Machine track while the ending credits rolled.
    Agreed. I'm cool with a Cyclops that doesn't kill, but is a lot more active vs. reactive. Given his status post AvX, Cyclops and Mags doing their own grey-area thing makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Seriously how do you see out of that 'X' visor thing?
    The same way Magneto sees out of the commode they nailed to his head.

Where is Peripheral Vision Man when we need him...?

Cheers
    Mart likes this.
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Poole View Post
    The same way Magneto sees out of the commode they nailed to his head.

Where is Peripheral Vision Man when we need him...?

Cheers
    I think these guys dealt with him

AMDin, Mart, TGC and 1 others like this.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnarchris View Post
    I'm excited, as I LOVED what Bachalo contributed to WaTXM's overall design. Also if this books stays at a 6 man roster (Scott/Emma/Mags/Illy/2 new mutants), I'll be pleased if this book goes monthly after Feb to ensure Bachalo can draw every issue, opposed to doing 3 and being replaced.
    Honestly? Wish they'd keep it at the current three members--what an awesome cast!

Won't be every issue, but hopefully they'll find a suitable back-up for Bachalo. Marvel has been more conscious of setting specific artistic tones for series recently, I hope that keeps up.

Gillen's off doing some stuff for Image, plus Iron Man and Young Avengers, which I'm jacked for.
    And for Avatar! Technically. Whether it'll ever come out, we'll see.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

Exceedingly Cool

I've always liked Cyclops better when he doesn't have anything covering his face/head. Just the visor. This costume is probably the worst of all of them though. Just get rid of the costume from the neck up and it's fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123