Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Were Marvel Paid A Fortune To Create BrooklyKnight Comic With Jason Aaron And Mike Deodato?

Administrator

Default Were Marvel Paid A Fortune To Create BrooklyKnight Comic With Jason Aaron And Mike Deodato?

Okay, it's meant to be some kind of tortous pun. BrooklyKnight - "Brooklyn Knight". Brooklynite? But I'm sorry, it looks like Brookly Knight. A knight that has come over all brookly. Is that intentional? Wouldn't Brooklyn Knight have been better? I can't find many uses of "Brookly" outside of sexual positions involving Deap Heat as a lubricant.

Apparently BrooklyKnight is the "protector of Brooklyn?s hometown absketball team the Brooklyn Nets, defender of New York?s largest and most courageous borough, and ruler of Barclays Center", the teams new stadium thing. So he's some kind of benign dictator? He's basically Doctor Doom.

And apparently he made his debut at the Brooklyn Net's first proper game in the NBA at the Barclays Center against the Toronto Raptors, playing an exhibition shot before the game. Raptors sounds much better than Nets, no wonder they need a superhero to insoire. Or a supervillain.

And Marvel created a giveaway comic with Jason Aaron and Mike Deodato... which means Marvel must have been paid an absolute stack of cash to make it. Or basketball fan Axel Alonso pulled in a lot of favours to make it very good indeed. Seriously, I haven't seen a custom comic with such a prominent creative team before. The next game will see attendees getting a BrooklyKnight trading card too. Here's a preview;

The logo... so familiar...

Zen Master of Cool

"Raptors sounds much better than Nets"
    no, no it doesn't

Consultant of Cool

See, if the comic had just been called "Mooknight" it would have done so much better. Except maybe with the lactose intolerant.

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

Wow. From Scalped to the new NFL SuperPro. Nuff said.
    JacobN and DarthEwok like this.

Exceedingly Cool

Sigh, you would think some research would go into the title of the book before writing the article. I'm not even a basketball fan and I knew what it was.
    Someone from Brooklyn is called a Brooklynite. BrooklyKnight, get it? So the way it's spelled in the marvel comic is exactly how it is supposed to be pronounced.

Consultant of Cool

He sure looks happy to be stuffing his ass in that dude's face.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Oh geez not another new identity for Speedball.
    AMDin and JacobN like this.

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

Jay-Z is one of the owners of the Nets team, and a huge comic book fan. I'd bet my hat it was his money that funded this.

Zen Master of Cool

NFL SuperPro never tea bagged his opponents.
    Enog the Prober likes this.

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupteddragon View Post
    Sigh, you would think some research would go into the title of the book before writing the article. I'm not even a basketball fan and I knew what it was.
    Someone from Brooklyn is called a Brooklynite. BrooklyKnight, get it? So the way it's spelled in the marvel comic is exactly how it is supposed to be pronounced.
    Well, being outside of the regional tribalism, most of us just call them all "New Yorkers".

And it still looks stupid, like Brookly Knight. What if he were from Manhattan, would be then be the ManhattaKnight? You see how that looks when spelled out, don't you? It looks dumb.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast