Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Question.... If Romney Wins, Does He Get On The Cover Of Amazing Spider-Man?

Administrator

Default The Big Question.... If Romney Wins, Does He Get On The Cover Of Amazing Spider-Man?

Okay, Obama declared himself as a fan of Spider-Man. And Paul Ryan has used "comic book" in a speech as a perjorative.

But still, after the last election Obama on the cover of Amazing Spider-Man, and in a short back up strip, saw the comic sell over half a million through a variety of printings. If Mitt Romney wins the Presidential Election, could he shortly be joining Spider-Man on a variant cover of the already-destined-to-be-a-classic Amazing Spider-Man #700?

I asked Dan Slott for his thoughts. He told me;
    If Romney wins, I'm moving to the UK. :-P
    Ah, c'mon Dan, we already have a conservative government over here, I know you'd only really move so you can watch Doctor Who hours before your fellow Americans...

Wrote the Book on Cool hammerstein's Avatar

Of course, but as a villan called Rhomnesia since he'll do anything / say anything it takes...
    Last edited by hammerstein; 11-03-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Exceedingly Cool

He's been appearing in Fantastic Four for years in a green cape tunic with a metal mask.

2 words, "HELL" and "NO". Let's be honest, Obama appeared on the cover of ASM for 2 reasons.

1. Because most (NOT ALL) of the people currently working for Marvel (editors and creators) are liberal Democrats.

2. Obama being elected as president was a major historical event that Marvel used to make a boatload of money off of.

VP in Charge of Cool

I think every president should get a Spider-Man cover. I love the Nixon cover where Spidey has an afro. Hell, I want a Biden cover with him yelling "MALARKEY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Let's be honest, Obama appeared on the cover of ASM for 2 reasons.

1. Because most (NOT ALL) of the people currently working for Marvel (editors and creators) are liberal Democrats.

2. Obama being elected as president was a major historical event that Marvel used to make a boatload of money off of.

Good call. This really does explain why we won't see a Romney cover.

If they did it, though, I'd still buy it, although I would much prefer the idea Karmakaze is floating about a Joe Biden cover. Joe calling out "Malarkey!" following a Romney win would definitely speak to me.

2 words, "HELL" and "NO". Let's be honest, Obama appeared on the cover of ASM for 2 reasons.

This pretty much DC should a mitt cover haha

Exceedingly Cool

HA! That is the EXACT truth of it!!

But seriously though - I would love to see a Romney/Big Bird cover... would be great for laughs!

Wrote the Book on Cool brian-cs's Avatar

1. Because most (NOT ALL) of the people currently working for Marvel (editors and creators) are selling comics to people who vote for liberal Democrats.
    Fixed that for you.

Wrote the Book on Cool brian-cs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    HA! That is the EXACT truth of it!!

But seriously though - I would love to see a Romney/Big Bird cover... would be great for laughs!
    Big Bird is owned by Sesame Workshop. not Disney. So this won't happen. Sorry 'bout that.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast