Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Big Question.... If Romney Wins, Does He Get On The Cover Of Amazing Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Wagner View Post
    I continue to be impressed with people who like to point to that one-shot comic Marvel did way back in the early 80s and poke fun at it. It's actually not a bad read, really.
    Is it better than Labon: King of the Rings??

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Way to take the high ground and prove him wrong ...
    There's no taking the high ground with these people. Take the high ground and you're accused of being patronising, preachy or - God help us - intellectual. No, he said a stupid, crass, unsupportable thing and I'm calling him on it.
    Davidb5x and Pop-Tart Samson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    Barak Obama would have liked to have done more in his time in office, don't you think? Why go through all the hassle of getting elected otherwise? So what's been the problem? Forces in the universe? His natural indolence? Or could it be that he was opposed at every single turn by a feral political organisation that seems about as interested in democracy as the KGB was under Stalin? Put yourself in his position. Wasn't he faced with an impossible task? Were people like you ever going to be able to come to terms with the idea of a man like him in the White House? The 'birther' (i.e. race - let's call it what it is) thing aside, Obama seems like an intellectual. That is someone who reads literary novels for pleasure. It was never going to be easy.
    IMO, both party's are full of crap and hypocritical. Like former governor Jessie Ventura has said, both part's are like 2 street gangs who are more interested in beating each other then they are in solving our country's problems. When someone in one party has a good idea, the other party will shoot that idea down mainly because no one in their own party suggested the idea first.

Also, rip into Dan Slott's ideas as much you like, but he does post on here sometimes - it's not really on for you to comment on his ass. Unless, I suppose, it's via PM, and in a loving way.
    I agree. We must not go over to the Wack side of the force. Attack/debate the person's ideas and opinions, but do not insult the person (unless he/she insults you first).

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Actually, Ian, halfmadjesus has PMed me about my fat ass in a loving way. Way too lovingly actually. And far too frequently. halfmadjesus has composed sonnets about my ass' firmness, its pleasing shape, and all the things he would like to do with it (and to it). His obsession and fixation over my posterior has passed well beyond the "creepiness zone" and into "needs-professional-help territory." I really wish he'd stop. And, seriously, halfmadjesus, those sketches you keep including? They're VERY disturbing. Quit it.
    Come on, you know you made that one your screen saver.

So, off to Merry Olde England after Tuesday then, or...?

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    Barak Obama would have liked to have done more in his time in office, don't you think? Why go through all the hassle of getting elected otherwise? So what's been the problem? Forces in the universe? His natural indolence? Or could it be that he was opposed at every single turn by a feral political organisation that seems about as interested in democracy as the KGB was under Stalin? Put yourself in his position. Wasn't he faced with an impossible task? Were people like you ever going to be able to come to terms with the idea of a man like him in the White House? The 'birther' (i.e. race - let's call it what it is) thing aside, Obama seems like an intellectual. That is someone who reads literary novels for pleasure. It was never going to be easy.

But amuse me, if you like, amuse us all, by explaining what you'd have done to fix America's problems if you, as a result of some largely terrifying set of circumstances, had been elected to the Oval Office four years ago. Try to be detailed in your thoughts; you think you should be president, after all.
    Many, many presidents have been elected into office WITHOUT the benefit of supermajorities in both houses of congress, yet somehow they've still managed to get things done without whining about it incessantly. Barack Obama had it within his ability to do pretty much anything he wanted to during his first two years. As long as his ideas weren't so kook-fringe as to scare off moderate Democrats, like Obamacare did -- thus all the wrangling and bribery to get it passed.

Here's a few things I WOULDN'T have done if I were Barack Obama and I wanted to do something like, say, improve the economy:

• I wouldn't have campaigned saying I was going to bankrupt coal producers
    • I wouldn't have put the kibosh on oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
    • I wouldn't have decreased the amount of oil production on federal lands (while taking credit for increased production on non-federal lands that I had nothing to do with, at every possible opportunity)
    • I wouldn't have nixed installation of the Keystone Pipeline
    • I wouldn't keep insisting that the debt ceiling be raised
    • I wouldn't be constantly threatening to raise taxes
    • I wouldn't have spent a trillion-plus dollars a year, with nothing to show for it
    • I wouldn't have passed a trillion dollar stimulus (and be itching to do so again) where "shovel-ready jobs" were anything but, and large portions of that money ended up in the hands of bundlers and other cronies
    • I wouldn't have the Federal Reserve printing dollars like crazy
    • I wouldn't keep pushing Big Government as the solution to creating jobs/fixing the economy

That's just off the top of my head, for starters.
    Last edited by halfmadjesus; 11-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Zen Master of Cool dave_worrell's Avatar

This is even sillier than the last political "article", Rich.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Wagner View Post
    So the only reason a person can have a large posterior is through a character flaw? Can't say I agree with that.
    Not what I'm saying. Actually, what got us going down this road was the comment "don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out," which was basically to mean "I'll hold that door for you while you move to England, as I'd just as soon you'd leave, already." Slott is fat, though, and apparently softened enough from his success that he doesn't feel the pain Obama has inflicted on the middle/lower classes here. Thus, the adjective. We can move on now, if you'd like, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by FireballXTC View Post
    There's no taking the high ground with these people.
    AND this why we really shouldn't mix politics with comics. Nearly half the country feels the same way about the other nearly half of the country. Unless ALL the idiots figure out WE need to work together to fix things, it really doesn't matter much who wins 'cuz we all lose.
    Blade X and Rootfireember like this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by QCCBob View Post
    AND this why we really shouldn't mix politics with comics. Nearly half the country feels the same way about the other nearly half of the country. Unless ALL the idiots figure out WE need to work together to fix things, it really doesn't matter much who wins 'cuz we all lose.
    For the record, this would get a Like if I were able. Both sides are convinced that their antics are justified, and there is no taking the high ground with the other. Or, for another example that's been posed around here a few times lately, both sides have their people who actually claim to believe that nearly half of the country is insane. I suppose that makes it easier than actually trying to understand why they believe differently, but it certainly doesn't accomplish anything positive.
    Blade X likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by halfmadjesus View Post
    Not what I'm saying. Actually, what got us going down this road was the comment "don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out," which was basically to mean "I'll hold that door for you while you move to England, as I'd just as soon you'd leave, already."
    Why do you feel Dan Slott should move to England? For the free healthcare once you've kicked his soft ass? Or because you think he's a limp-wristed tea-drinker? I almost hate to break this to you, but Hugh Grant's DVDs, sadly perhaps, are not necessarily an accurate representation of modern British society.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast