Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Big Question.... If Romney Wins, Does He Get On The Cover Of Amazing Spider-Man?

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by halfmadjesus View Post
    I called no one a name. I pointed out that Slott has a fat ass, which is objectively true. I did use profanity, but seeing as how the boards here don't prevent you from doing so, I thought it was allowed. I've certainly seen other obscenities posted on BleedingCool before.

Sometimes cutting straight through the B.S. in a direct manner is what's called for. Liberals like Slott irritate me, because they often make statements like the one above, but have no real intention of ever following through on it. Because they know, due to their fortunate success, that they've got it good here in the U.S. regardless of whether or not Obama OR Romney is president. Some of the rest of us aren't so lucky -- like the chronically unemployed under this feckless, lying, petulant, do-nothing president that the likes of Dan Slott have saddled us with for four years.
    Barak Obama would have liked to have done more in his time in office, don't you think? Why go through all the hassle of getting elected otherwise? So what's been the problem? Forces in the universe? His natural indolence? Or could it be that he was opposed at every single turn by a feral political organisation that seems about as interested in democracy as the KGB was under Stalin? Put yourself in his position. Wasn't he faced with an impossible task? Were people like you ever going to be able to come to terms with the idea of a man like him in the White House? The 'birther' (i.e. race - let's call it what it is) thing aside, Obama seems like an intellectual. That is someone who reads literary novels for pleasure. It was never going to be easy.

But amuse me, if you like, amuse us all, by explaining what you'd have done to fix America's problems if you, as a result of some largely terrifying set of circumstances, had been elected to the Oval Office four years ago. Try to be detailed in your thoughts; you think you should be president, after all.

Also, rip into Dan Slott's ideas as much you like, but he does post on here sometimes - it's not really on for you to comment on his ass. Unless, I suppose, it's via PM, and in a loving way.
    Last edited by Ian Coke; 11-04-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Wrote the Book on Cool saidestroyer's Avatar

I spend way too much time reading the comments in BleedingCool. You fuckers are hilarious.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Cooler Than The Other Side of the Pillow kingslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halfmadjesus View Post
    Liberals like Slott irritate me, because they often make statements like the one above, but have no real intention of ever following through on it.
    Of course he's not going to follow through on it. It's called a joke. You might want to consider lightening up a bit.
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.
    Did you know, scientifically speaking, that even though humans want food, they don't actually need it? ~ Dr. Leo Spaceman

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by bewareofgeek View Post
    So, there's no contradiction in you telling Blade he was wrong to claim it was done to drum up sales, and then you making much the same statement?
    You didn't read the entire post I was responding to.

I'm unsurprised you and the Blade refuse to let actual facts to invade your flaccid thinking. You're too mired in and enthralled by your own BS.

SW

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by brian-cs View Post
    Provide one if you can. I see no disconnect and stand by my post. Marvel doesn't publish gay marriage books and X-Men titles hoping to appeal to the policitally conservative crowd. On the other hand, they do publish titles like PUNISHER which likely does. Which sell more? Hint: there are more X-Men titles than Punisher titles. Yet, they continue to sell both. A miracle of capitalism.
    Which you are making assumptions:
    1.X:Men=liberal
    2.Punisher=conservative

Fact I am a conservative, guess which books I read versus the one I don't? Hint check my signature. Also, I know that I am not the only one.

You are the closed minded one here, that is the fact that Comicsfan101 is , well I can't say trying because it is without a doubt proved
    Last edited by Allen T; 11-04-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    Cyclops Lives!
    The Red Hood Lives!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post

Fair enough. That being said, I'm pretty sure that if McCain was a huge Spidey fan and was elected president that you guys wouldn't have put him on the cover of ASM.
    In fairness to Marvel, they were just one of the many lemmings who bought into the 'Obama is a celebrity' mentality that was rampant immediately following his 2008 election

As far as them doing it for sales - I'm sure all of the 3rd and 4th printings of that book certainly weren't done to turn a buck - but was merely a benevolent act to get those books into the hands fans who desired them

Quote Originally Posted by Tonebone View Post
    what

the

fuck
    COMPLETELY lost it at this post
    "Looking past all that, with the number of regular comic buyers steadily decreasing, now would be a good time to be more inclusive of other genders, races, orientations, etc. There's only so many white dudes left." - downlikecharlie

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    The RZA (hell, the whole damn Wu Tang Clan),DMC,and Clarence Thomas (who has a complete collection of RAWHIDE KID comics) are huge Marvel Comics fans (and huge comic fans in general), and I don't see you featuring them on the covers of your comics or as guest stars.
    Would seriously buy a variant cover with the Wu on it
    "Looking past all that, with the number of regular comic buyers steadily decreasing, now would be a good time to be more inclusive of other genders, races, orientations, etc. There's only so many white dudes left." - downlikecharlie

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Wagner View Post
    I take part of that back. I think Marvel might have Romney on the cover as long as they can do something tasteless like have Alex Ross do a recreation of the cover of Captain America #1 and put Romney in place of Hitler. That's totally plausible from today's Left.
    Jesus, this is stupid. Look out everyone! Here comes... THE LEFT! They want to make right wingers look right wing! Noted lefty Alex Ross will be drawing it! These liberals are so full of hate - why, it's right there in the name! Liberal! It means "full of hate"! I LOOKED IT UP.

Human civilisation needs a fucking hard reboot, I swear to God.
    Last edited by FireballXTC; 11-04-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Forgot to include quote.
    Davidb5x and Pop-Tart Samson like this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Allen T View Post
    Which you are making assumptions:
    1.X:Men=liberal
    2.Punisher=conservative

Fact I am a conservative, guess which books I read versus the one I don't? Hint check my signature. Also, I know that I am not the only one
    That seems debatable, Allen.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast