Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Brian Bendis And Chris Bachalo Bring Us Uncanny X-Men?

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    I think it may be Black Panther since there isn't a solo minority book in the Marvel NOW Launch yet but thats my other guess as well.
    I'd give odds that it's going to be Valkyrie since Bunn did the Fearless series, and said that there were some threads there that we was going to follow up on.

I'm interested in seeing Sliney's artwork for this; I'm glad he's getting some work after the Farscape comic ended. Certainly it should be a higher page rate for him.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTom View Post
    I'd give odds that it's going to be Valkyrie since Bunn did the Fearless series, and said that there were some threads there that we was going to follow up on.

I'm interested in seeing Sliney's artwork for this; I'm glad he's getting some work after the Farscape comic ended. Certainly it should be a higher page rate for him.
    Yea thats true hes written Valkyrie before , his venom is pretty good! Hes writing deadpool kill illustrated mini

Consultant of Cool

Well I guess it shouldnt be too big a surprise... before AvX ended they spoiled the fact that Cyclops would survive and have a new look costume.

But its a shame he gets the iconic Uncanny X-men title. Cyke is a douche, 2d character with one mopey note. Storm was always the bestXmen leader and more interesting character, but always gets relegated to camp councilor these days.
    ChrisGa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDin View Post
    it wasn't until Bendis came out with his quippy, fast-talking dialogue that people started hating on Claremont.
    Maybe in your social circle. I know people who were hating on Claremont YEARS before Bendis ever hit it big. I was/am one of them.
    Ian Coke likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Ugh. Chris Bachalo's illegible panel-to-panel non-flow, 150 different inkers and the almost-certain likelihood that he won't last past issue #7 anyway. He's the comics penciller equivalent of the mutant love child of Brett Ratner and Michael Bay.

C'Mon, Nick Lowe, save everybody the trouble and drop Bachalo from the book *now.*

VP in Charge of Cool

I wonder which Spider-man or Daredevil villains they will fight for 30 issues before Bendis actually researches the book?

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zetomenon View Post
    Well I guess it shouldnt be too big a surprise... before AvX ended they spoiled the fact that Cyclops would survive and have a new look costume.

But its a shame he gets the iconic Uncanny X-men title. Cyke is a douche, 2d character with one mopey note. Storm was always the bestXmen leader and more interesting character, but always gets relegated to camp councilor these days.
    Two things:

(1) Cyclops was the hero of 'Avengers vs. X-Men', was completely right, and was pushed into his actions by Captain America and Tony Stark being utterly awful at every turn.

Look at Cyclops plan they want to stop: get Hope possessed by the Phoenix, let it heal the mutant race.

Instead, Wolverine chooses to try and murder a child, Iron Man causes five other people to become possessed by a fragmented Phoenix force they weren't trained to handle, and then Captain America repeatedly threatens and attacks them until Scott has enough.

It was a dumb story, but executed so badly because there is no way any sane person can read that and go, "Cyclops was the bad guy!" He was possessed by a frickin' extraterrestrial force that clearly twisted his mind. He is completely blameless. And if he isn't, then why is Wanda Maximoff given a free pass for causing the deaths of a whole bunch of Avengers, and two worlds (she destroyed the Marvel U and replaced it with the House of M, and then the House of M back with the Marvel U, so, yes, she did destroy two realities, as well as depowering the mutants).

Even before that, Cyclops wasn't a douche, given that lazy writers just made him the butt of Wolverine's jokes, or the straight, no-nonsense leader. It was comparative.

And don't even go into the Madeline Pryor thing. Marrying clones is just a recipe for disaster at the best of times.

(2) Storm has recently been the Queen of Wakanda, and an Avenger.

VP in Charge of Cool

Well at least with Bendis now on the X-books I can at least go back to being an Avengers fan.....

*sigh.....*

The times they are a changing.......

Bleeding Cool

At least with main the x verse wont be confusing to follow..

Banned

Hope Bachalo is good at drawing heads and word bubbles

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast