Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart To Release Exclusive Avengers Season One Original Graphic Novel With DVD And Blu-Ray

Quote Originally Posted by JaHawk2009 View Post
    Can't find the Blu-Ray version at ASDA. Can anyone help? The websites awful on my iPad >.>
    The DVD version is listed here (ie 15 and you get the Avengers DVD and the comic) but oddly enough no listing for the Blu-Ray yet. It's not released for another 23 days though, so they might just not have bothered putting it on their inventory yet...
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

VP in Charge of Cool

The Season 1 series has been really good so far (with the exception of Ant Man) but this does look like it's ignoring the comics history altogether and going strictly with the movies, possibly an inevitably dull adaptation of the film. And I bet the GN is the same size as a DVD case.

Zen Master of Cool

Okay, look, am I the only one who thinks that the notion that Marvel is releasing a major, never-before-seen graphic novel along the same lines as their other Season One GNs, without telling anybody, without interviews, and only making it available to Wal-Mart... seems really, really unlikely? Seriously. My personal guess is that this is some sort of re-issued collection of some other "Avengers origin" stories (there have been several in recent years) rather than something as promotable as, you know, a Season One book like the others they've been doing.
    Last edited by ChastMastr; 08-25-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    Okay, look, am I the only one who thinks that the notion that Marvel is releasing a major, never-before-seen graphic novel along the same lines as their other Season One GNs, without telling anybody, without interviews, and only making it available to Wal-Mart... seems really, really unlikely? Seriously. My personal guess is that this is some sort of re-issued collection of some other "Avengers origin" stories (there have been several in recent years) rather than something as promotable as, you know, a Season One book like the others they've been doing.
    My thought exactly... If it sounds too good to be true, it generally is.

ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Consultant of Cool

Oh! SO wrong. But thanks for playing! And enjoy the entirely new, never before seen graphic novel along the same lines as their other Season One GNs.

PAD

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David View Post
    Oh! SO wrong. But thanks for playing! And enjoy the entirely new, never before seen graphic novel along the same lines as their other Season One GNs.
    I'm sure I will, but I'm still completely confused, Peter! Help!

(By the way, Kungaloosh. Still miss the AC. Marching along, we're adventurers...)

Zen Master of Cool

(Stops hitting "refresh" but still hopes Peter will come back and tell us more.)

Dean of Cool University

(Stops hitting "refresh" but still hopes Peter will come back and tell us more.)
    You know, you can set the forum to e-mail you when someone replies.

Consultant of Cool

I'm sure I will, but I'm still completely confused, Peter! Help!

(By the way, Kungaloosh. Still miss the AC. Marching along, we're adventurers...)
    Not sure what you're confused about. All the rest of it is the same; it's just that now you know who wrote it.

And yeah, I still miss the AC as well. The world was a better place knowing that the AC was in it.

PAD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast