Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MARVEL NOW! The Marvel Relaunch Gets A Name

Administrator

Default MARVEL NOW! The Marvel Relaunch Gets A Name

At San Diego Comic Con, on the Thursday, DC Comics are running a panel called DC NOW!

I wonder if they also heard the rumours, as I did, that Marvel's relaunch, is to be called MARVEL NOW! And decided to tweak Marvel's nose as Marvel have often tweaked that of DC Comics?

Bleeding Cool has been running a number of stories, detailing rumoured relaunch titles, such as Wolverine by Frank Cho, Uncanny Avengers by Remender and Opena, Hickman and Ribic on Avengers, Nova with Ed McGuinness, Fraction and Larroca on Fantastic Four, Gillen and Land on Iron Man, John Romita Jr and Rick Remender on Captain America, Bendis and Immonen on X-Men... and more but so far all they are, are rumours.

I understand that we may get confirmation, and plenty of details, later this week. But Marvel "now" aren't saying a thing...

However, I do know that this is a relaunch and not a reboot. No continuity will be reset, it will still be the Marvel Universe continuing stories. Just that lots of titles will now have a lovely fresh #1s, some will have new names, some will be cancelled and characters will have new designs, motivations, story arcs and raison d'etre.

Though it does give rise to speculation. Will the 616 Universe now be referred to as The Now Universe? Could the books be The Now 52? And will there be room for Marvel comics set in the past - or the future -if it's all about the NOW?

Let's redo that checklist....

Wrote the Book on Cool

They changed one letter in the word "new."

Wrote the Book on Cool DaveOMac's Avatar

Ok if this is a relaunch please let every book start with a number one and then NO MORE RELAUNCHES.

OR

Return every book to the original numbers and then LEAVE THEM A ALONE

I don't care what they do just let that be the rule of the land and give us 2-5 years of not fucking with the numbers. Relaunches and returning to the original numbering has put too much emphasis on stupid numbering. Stick with a plan and stop confusing people who may actually want back issues and are clueless when they find 5 #1 issues of Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOMac View Post
    Ok if this is a relaunch please let every book start with a number one and then NO MORE RELAUNCHES.

OR

I don't care what they do just let that be the rule of the land and give us 2-5 years of not fucking with the numbers. Relaunches and returning to the original numbering has put too much emphasis on stupid numbering. Stick with a plan and stop confusing people who may actually want back issues and are clueless when they find 5 #1 issues of Captain America.
    It's no fun for them if they can't screw with our heads you know.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

NOW I really couldn't care any less.

気持ち悪い

Dean of Cool University Amergin's Avatar

When ads scream at me, I get turned off real quick.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Exceedingly Cool

ooh, Immonen on X-men

I have to wonder what sin Gillen and Fraction committed to get lumped with the same shitehouse artists 2 books in a row. Painful.

Wrote the Book on Cool

DC now and Marvel now? LOL okay.

I think Marvel would do the relaunches and restart everything at zero, but erase none of the history and treat it as you're reading a next arc. Then once an anniversary comes up, they'll renumber to say #100 or #200 or #250 or something like then. In a few years time there'll be another relaunch to start at zero but then erase none of the history again and renumber again.
    I see what you're doing marvel. LOL

Very Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOMac View Post

OR

I also get really hacked off with the constant re-numbering, especially when nothing changes but the numbering. It's really cynical. But, I used to work in a comic shop and know for a fact that a relaunch - even the kind where nothing at all changes but the number - really gives sales a kick. It's not just Marvel that benefits - it's retailers, too. Those guys need all the help they can get, and for that reason I've just come to accept it. It's not like monthly readers can't work it out. It might be a pain for back issue collectors, but they're a declining breed and can, I'm sure, suss it out too.
    *Something clever*

I'm over at The Space Between Panels.

Wrote the Book on Cool

So if we don't like the state of Marvel after the relaunch we can talk about the good ol' days and how we liked Marvel Then!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast