Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Marvel's Gay Marriage News To Hit The View

Administrator

Default Marvel's Gay Marriage News To Hit The View

Just as DC Comics is turning the headlines purple with the news at Kapow that a previously established character would be rebooted as a gay person, so Marvel Comics announced they have their own headlines in mind.
    Tune into ABC at 11a/10a E/C tomorrow as the hosts of ABC?s The View exclusively reveal a major Marvel announcement! This is your first chance to get a look at the moment in Astonishing X-Men #50 that will have everyone talking!
    This should be the announcement of Northstar and Kyle's wedding in Astonishing X-Men #50, which goes on sale early tomorrow!

Very Cool

This makes issue #39 of Eric Powell's The Goon so poignant. I can see Powell cry-laughing from here. Crying that this is news and laughing that Marvel editorial pushes this as a major event.

Dean of Cool University Stevaux The LEsser's Avatar

It kinda is to me but I thought Obsidian and his partner trying to adopt was huge as well...
    khuxford likes this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stevaux The LEsser View Post
    It kinda is to me but I thought Obsidian and his partner trying to adopt was huge as well...
    But they didn't do a press release for that or try to get news with it. It felt like something they "let" the writer do, rather than try to stop him, instead of something they embraced.

The funniest thing here is DC's convention announcement making news just served to prime the pumps for Marvel's wedding issue. This will get more attention now because of it.
    thekeith82 likes this.

Zen Master of Cool

I can hear Elisabeth Hasselbeck's annoying voice now, "WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN"

I don't see this as a big deal. It will get idiotic religious groups to start protests and boycotts and all the well adjusted normal people will laugh at all the idiots bitching and moaning. All this is really is intracompany promotions.

Wrote the Book on Cool evilwilma's Avatar

Wellllllll...

I guess it's cool that 'my people' are so trendy nowadays and newsworthy and all, but meh.

I'd really rather we just get to a point when gayness isn't newsworthy. I assume these are growing pains adjusting to whatever new normal we'll establish.
    thekeith82 likes this.

Gawd, that pnnel is twee!
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by khuxford View Post
    But they didn't do a press release for that or try to get news with it. It felt like something they "let" the writer do, rather than try to stop him, instead of something they embraced.

The funniest thing here is DC's convention announcement making news just served to prime the pumps for Marvel's wedding issue. This will get more attention now because of it.
    I actually preferred the way DC approached the adoption. This kind of thing shouldn't be news - just part of the story.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I actually preferred the way DC approached the adoption. This kind of thing shouldn't be news - just part of the story.
    Oh, no, I get that and agree. But the lack of fanfare is really an indicator of the publisher not being fully on board, IMO...because, if they were, they'd have trumpeted it. To me, it was more like something they let happen and would only ever acknowledge to quell any perceptions that they lacked diversity and hope to God that Fox News never got wind.

Soon us gays will have taken over completely and there will be no straight people left! Prostates everywhere will thank us.
    DJ_Convoy likes this.
    My semi-autobiographical NSFW comics: http://rickworley.com

Douchebags of Comics trading cards!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast