Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet The New Captain Marvel

Default Meet The New Captain Marvel

Last week, Bleeding Cool told you that Kelly Sue DeConnick was to reinvent Carol Danvers as Marvel's Captain Marvel. Marvel has just confirmed this at WonderCon, revealing further details. The ongoing series is written by DeConnick with art by Dexter Soy. Marvel also revealed covers for issues #1 and #2 of the series by Ed McGuinness.
    ?My pitch was called ?Pilot? and the take can pretty much be summed up with ?Carol Danvers as Chuck Yeager,?? says DeConnick. ?Carol's the virtual definition of a Type A personality. She's a competitor and a control freak. At the start of our series, we see Carol pre-Captain Marvel, pre-NASA even, back when she was a fiercely competitive pilot.We'll see her meeting one of her aviation heroes and we'll see her youthful bravado, her swagger. Then over the course of the first arc we're going to watch her find her way back to that hungry place. She'll have to figure out how to be both Captain MarvelandChuck Yeager?to marry the responsibility of that legacy with the sheer joy being nearly invulnerable and flying really [expletive] fast.
    Jamie McKelvie designed the new look of the character, saying:
    Our idea was to give her a kind of swash-buckling costume that invoked a sense of her history as an Air Force officer. Her hair is slicked back at the sides when in costume - so her Kree-style helmet can form when she needs it.

It's not... bad, I find it very classic DC which i guess what Jamie was going for.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

VP in Charge of Cool Enigma_2099's Avatar

Ehhh, not bad... but I liked her Ms. Marvel outfit a lot more.

Are they just rebooting Carol Danvers?

Banned

CLEARLY, Marvel is drawing a STRONG PARALLEL between this and MIRACLEWOMAN/MARVELWOMAN of Alan Moore's/Neil Gaiman's Miracleman/Marvelman series. The question is WHY.

Merging Alan Moore's Miracleman into the Marvel Universe would destroy the Miracleman story. Can you imagine what kind of CRAP Marvel would publish if they had one of their "architects" do a Marvelman series??

It's also interesting that despite the fact that Axel Alonso lied to everyone in late-January that we'd all be getting news about Marvel's plans for the Alan Moore/Neil Gaiman Miracleman series "SOON", that we haven't heard ANYTHING ABOUT it at WONDERCON????

Very interesting...

Dean of Cool University

So you think it's a rip off Wonder Woman costume as well?

No thanks... I'll pass on this one

Wrote the Book on Cool

First Power Girl, now this. What's with DC and Marvel and their need to change simple, yet working costumes into something taken from 90-ties?

Dean of Cool University

Sorry... that was a reply to black fist...

stupid cell phone....

Ms. Marvel's costume is one of my all-time favorites in all of comics. And now it's going to be replaced by... this. *Sigh.*

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast