Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Richards Joins Image Comics As Director Of Business Development

Administrator

Default Ron Richards Joins Image Comics As Director Of Business Development

Ron Richards, founder of iFanboy, is the new Director of Business Development at Image Comics.

So he's no longer at iFanboy. Or indeed their purchaser, Graphicly. He talks about it at length at the site, here are a few clips;
    with Graphicly?s new business focus the need for iFanboy to be a gateway to the comic book world has become less important. This was something that both we and Graphicly CEO Micah Baldwin realized and so we have collectively worked to amicably split iFanboy from Graphicly and return it to an independent website owned and operated by the three of us once again.

With that said about iFanboy, and in a bit of uncanny timing, I?d also like to announce that I will be resigning from all active editorial involvement with iFanboy, as well as resigning from my position at Graphicly.

For years when asked if I ever wanted to work in comics, I?ve laughed off the question, stating that I?m neither a writer nor an artist and would probably not do well as a creator. But, I?ve said, if there was one aspect of comics that interested me it was the publishing and business side. That was something that I find infinitely interesting (I published my own magazine in college) and that is exactly what I will be doing at Image Comics. I will be joining the Image team as the Director of Business Development, working closely with Publisher Eric Stephenson and Marketing & PR Director Jennifer De Guzman and the rest of the amazing staff at Image Central in Berkeley, CA. I will primarily be focusing on sales and marketing as I work to help Image continue the amazing success that they have been experiencing.

Having stopped listening to the podcast over a year ago, I *thought* he would have stepped away after he became an editor for a Image book, but I guess that wasn't a big enough conflict-of-interest. So what do I know?

Congratulations, Ron!
    Looking forward to possibly working with you.
    -Raff Ienco

Wrote the Book on Cool GreenCatcher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck E View Post
    Having stopped listening to the podcast over a year ago, I *thought* he would have stepped away after he became an editor for a Image book, but I guess that wasn't a big enough conflict-of-interest. So what do I know?
    What are you talking about ? Ron isn't an editor on any Image titles, if he was there would have been some news on iFanboy, or they would have talked about on the podcast. Where did you get that idea from anyway ?
    "They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell." Mr. Easterman

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatcher View Post
    What are you talking about ? Ron isn't an editor on any Image titles, if he was there would have been some news on iFanboy, or they would have talked about on the podcast. Where did you get that idea from anyway ?
    Not where I read it from; it was from some random article that WAS on their website a while ago; but this is the quickest thing I could find in Google search (& there are plenty others):

https://plus.google.com/104412682128...ts/QwLbzKtV2Dw

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

Ron is an awesome human being. I wish him the best of luck at Image!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck E View Post
    Not where I read it from; it was from some random article that WAS on their website a while ago; but this is the quickest thing I could find in Google search (& there are plenty others):

https://plus.google.com/104412682128...ts/QwLbzKtV2Dw
    Well I can't find a reliable source that says he is the editor for Hell Yeah so im doubting that. Also if he was the editor for Hell Yeah it would be conflict of interests if when each new issue came out he would heap tons of praise it doesn't deserve and up until now the comic has barely been talked about on the podcast.
    "They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell." Mr. Easterman

Well I can't find a reliable source that says he is the editor for Hell Yeah so im doubting that. Also if he was the editor for Hell Yeah it would be conflict of interests if when each new issue came out he would heap tons of praise it doesn't deserve and up until now the comic has barely been talked about on the podcast.
    Ron IS the editor for Hell Yeah. He mentioned in on the podcast and said that iFanboy could no longer promote or talk about the book because of this.

You're right. Ron's own announcement on his Google+ is not a reliable source. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JoseDRivera View Post
    Ron IS the editor for Hell Yeah. He mentioned in on the podcast and said that iFanboy could no longer promote or talk about the book because of this.
    Welp okay then, must have missed that conversation at some point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast