Thread: Chew #34 Puts Three Covers On One Comic And Invites You To Cut It Up With Scissors

Administrator

Default Chew #34 Puts Three Covers On One Comic And Invites You To Cut It Up With Scissors

This is the cover of Chew #34. One of three covers. But you don;t have to buy all three, they all come bound around one version. And you get to cut along the dotted line and mix and match the faces underneath...

I think CGC should ge=ive extra grades for anyone who does so. It is the creator's intent after all...

Ah! Like the idea, but nobody who wants to keep it's grade will do it- what they should have done is die-cut it already, thus being able to play with it while keeping it minty fresh...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://eyemelt.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Eyemelt View Post
    Ah! Like the idea, but nobody who wants to keep it's grade will do it- what they should have done is die-cut it already, thus being able to play with it while keeping it minty fresh...
    By that logic, anyone who dares read the frigging thing is risking losing their mint status.

Anyone buying a comic as great as Chew merely to stick it in a bag and hope that its value increases enough to offset the initial outlay and subsequent storage costs is missing out.
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

But issue #34 of Chew was projected to become INCREDIBLY valuable! Why, in a few years it might be worth 10-15 cents over cover price in NM condition!

No no, I'm all for that! I'm talking about other kids fussing over grades. Fuck the slabbing bastards. But... I'd rather have a machine cut cover I can fool around with than one that I screw up too badly. That Superman comic that came out a few years ago with the little reusable stickers with Lobo? Mine is dirty and bent all to hell, but I'm glad I didn't have to cut them all out myself. And gradewise, it still makes sense to at least vaguely care about a comic? Just because it's not an investment doesn't mean you should feel obliged to wipe your arse with it. Although there are are some comics I would be more than happy to (if the paper wasn't so slick).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://eyemelt.blogspot.com/

What, nobody buys two copies anymore? One for cutting up and one for bagging & boarding?

Why stop with just the cover? Make the entire issue one where you can mix and match the three parts on each page!