Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ugly Face Of Comic Book Speculation - Fatale #1

Administrator

Default The Ugly Face Of Comic Book Speculation - Fatale #1

Before it had shipped to comic stores, Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips's Fatale had sold out to retailers, burning through the overprint and ensuring a second print coming out next month.

But what of the first print? It's been well promoted and well sold and whizzing out of comic shops all over the place. The reviews are great too. Retailers are usually better at judging demand for a Brubaker/Phillips comic, but I still expect it to be below what they might get for Criminal, so there could be an underjudged demand that speculators could take advantage of. It also comes in two covers - but one is a little rarer than the other. The "Beast" cover only has about half the copies printed as the "Beauty" cover. So, that's around a 2:1 allocation.

Basically, if you're thinking of speculating on this one, go ugly.

Just don't get confused by the Broaday Comics Fatale from a decade and a bit ago.

Dean of Cool University

How about buying a comic for the sake of enjoyment instead of as some kind of commodity?

Exceedingly Cool

Just read it digitally via ComiXology. Amazing. I think it's Bru and Phillips' best work yet.

Here's a direct link. No chance of the digital version selling out, is there?

Fatale #1 - comiXology

Banned

i think ill buy it for both reasons, hehe,
    the extra 50 cents threw me off for a minute, but the page count is 26!! IF they maintain that page count ill make the exception and add it to my pull.

now i need to get both covers
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Don't care which cover I get as long as I get a copy. Its on my pull list, so fingers crossed.

My pull had the "beast" cover, but I liked the "fatale" cover better, so I grabbed both.
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Oooo... nice art (I mean that for both covers).

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

So far there are numerous copies of either cover available for cover price or less plus shipping, I don't see any sign so far of the exuberance seen online after books like Morning Glories #1, Nonplayer #1, New 52 #1s, or any of the other books that have been hot right out of the gate in the last year or two.

So I remain skeptical, not speculatical.

I liked this book better when it came out earlier last year with the title "Vic Boone".
    Surgeon General Warning! Sigs are bad for your health!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast