Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Shocker Toys / GBJR Toys / Geoff Beckett

Quote Originally Posted by domu View Post
    Geoff is online begging again on Kickstarter to try to sell off his old stock of Shockini figures or something.
    Apparently, he even has to steal pics of his own product.
    The DIY customizable mini block figures called Shockinis by GBJR Toys Updates — Kickstarter
    Actually it not old stock he completely sold out of the Shockinis years ago. (Unless he found new old stock which I doubt I think I bought the last of what he had off him.) Although he is tacking on the endless stock of mallows he seems to have, although I have most of the licences ones as well.

I be incline to say it actually a legit attempt to restart on this, regardless of it being another potential train wreck. I fairly sure he owns the tooling from this already. From memory the Version one where made in the USA, version 2 & 3 where made in China. Sure he claimed that he lost the tools/molds on these but probably has them.

They where a decent product but a little too expensive. I would be all over there return if the drama over IS had not gone on and one. I think his kickstarter entry price is about what they sold for back in the day. He just could not get the orders to make more of them when they where initially offered, although there his signature product they have to return at some stage. (Had some sweat licences back then that would have worked so well if he had of got them out.)

I also don't think he kept a lot of records from back in the day of his own product. I know almost all his shockini product photos of carded figures on his site all came off my website.

I glad he attempting another kickstarter, and I also well played sir with his comment and not just blanket deleted stuff. Get gets a A for effort on it. Good luck to him, unfortunitly I think most, if not, all people that would have invested in this have been all burnt to the point of being gun shy on never giving Geoff money again. I don't think it going to fund, if it does then that when it would get interesting or maybe if there are a mass of sock puppet returns. Too many cried wolf incidents for me to ever want in again.

Exceedingly Cool

Just my opinion here. Now, I don't normally comment on the quality of what Geoff manages to produce on rare occasion to keep his long con going. But having had one of these in hand, I have to say I completely disagree with your assessment of Shockinis. They are a shit product, a pale imitation of Stikfas and Minimates.
    Look at the horrid design:

-There's no unity to it; it's just differently shaped and sized pieces thrown together.
    -The proportions are all over the place, and not in any kind of intentional, stylized way. It's just random, unskilled design work.
    -The construction is half assed. Why are there huge gaps in the upper thighs and arms, causing the figure to look like it has extra elbows and knees? Look at what Onell Designs can do with the same type of joint. Vastly superior.
    -The plastic feels cheap like a dollar store, knock off figure.
    -And somehow, the figures manage to look worse in person than on the design sheet.

As to Geoff's comment on Kickstarter that you brought up, it's complete bullshit. It's not even internally consistent from one sentence to the next. He gets no kudos from me for merely not going on a deleting spree.

Noting dates......

I been attempting to track assets of the Old Shocker Toys and of course if you go under you don't really have to reveal to anyone what your doing or anything. But if there is a bankruptcy, dissolving of partnership, transferal of assets there should be a record of it filed somewhere. Have yet to find any record of it which bothered me. (Been hard to go after someone financially if I don't know who actually owns it, because of the claims of just being a worker.

But the above documentation does mean something, read into it way you want. Wildly speculate about how the company ran from late 2007-2011 (Which includes 2 traceable sea containers of toys) And the whole transferal of asset/licences from Shocker Toys to GBJR Toys in 2012 none of which I could find records of. (GBJR Toys is a sole proprietorship I could not even find a DBA. Again it an on going process of finding documentation.)

Also how much of names, logos and idea used you think is patented, copyrighted or trademarked to our friend?

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Quote Originally Posted by _OM_ View Post
    ...The latter I second, and if Rich won't set it up, Mark could probably be convinced to do so. As for the former, since Olney is now worm food, I wouldn't want the scumbag immortalized by renaming the site after him, joke or not.
    Olney passed away? I'll have to Google that. Somehow I missed it entirely!

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OctaneToys View Post
    Actually it not old stock he completely sold out of the Shockinis years ago. (Unless he found new old stock which I doubt I think I bought the last of what he had off him.) Although he is tacking on the endless stock of mallows he seems to have, although I have most of the licences ones as well.
    Yeah, looks like Geoff's stock of Shockinis is pretty endless as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/gbjrtoys#!/...51725540850917
    Geoff Beckett 838 followers
    Saturday at 8:11pm

We also have bulk mallow black and white cases and white shockini cases at discounted prices email us for info sales@gbjrtoys.com

To keep the saga updated.....

219802_1373222413.3836_upd.jpg

219802_1373222676.0815_upd.jpg

Interesting enough these are funded by GBJR and not the a gofundme crowd funding so they not going to be sent out to those that have payed for them. (My guess is they will be attempted to be sold first and then sent to those that have paid for them if they complain loud enough. Only the Dick Tracy/Blank combo is represented from the gofundme campaign. The Gofundme campaign is worded that all rewards will be sent out when the campaign is ended, it been extended once is may never end.) A couple of things to point out on the product. Typical Geoff style these don't have UPC codes on them and notice the GBJR graphic on the carded ones smaller ones is not correct. (A funny story the original Indie Spotlight J hooks where correct on the Maxx card but when the company producing these scaled down the card they also scaled down the J hook make them impossible to hang on pegs. It looks like the new GBJR logo was correct on the larger Tick card but again when they scaled down the card the graphic now looks squashed. J Hooks still could be screwed up, same factory mistake. Mr Gone wrong insert, wait these the only way you can buy Gone is get him is with the Maxx who is not even in production. I guess all that time in China fixing there production did not do a dam, my guess Geoff does not even have a passport.) These aren't a container of toys coming via ship only a small shipment via a carrier. (I can trace sea bound containers)

GBJR has not got a booth at SDCC yet to my knowledge unless he does a move like at wizard world and sublet someone else booth. (Or in wizards case sublet, a sublet) Maybe a folding card table at the side of the street? Interesting note on Wizard World the golden Spooned Tick which was a Wizard exclusive and also virtually sold at the show has not turned up. Wow more Wizard exclusives not turning up, I sure the fokes running wizard would be thrilled at that. There was also an after party thrown with Ghost of the Robot/James Marsters sponsored by good old GBJR toys. Is that another nail in the coffin with the New GBJR toys and Wizard? Even though he not confirmed a booth at SDCC there is already a planned SDCC After party with a who's who of Geoff current supporters. Angry Viking Press. (Owed a figure, dropping at least 12K, probably have to play nice, nice hoping for what they payed for turns up and have more that likely funded this current round of the hot mess.), Pretty Poison Burlesque (Girlfriend drama, plus painters on anything new seen.), Betty Page Store (He announced a few weeks ago he was doing Betty Page Figures. I guess that one slid under everyone radar.) And New buddies Ghost of the Robot/James Marsters. (Not sure of his connection there? Are they the new Eric Nyenhuis?)

After Parties do cost money and since he really had not anything new coming in I guess someone been burning through all that gofundme money. But hey new product (Not what is promised) buy it now. I see the pimping of everything that has not been produced again. I am sure he hoping his current wares will pay for future wares but that ponzi scheme did not work last time sure it going to work this time. The mistakes of old start repeating again just the names of the players have changed. The saga continues to drag on.

Exceedingly Cool

Geoff Beckett appears to have behaved poorly while in San Diego:
    https://twitter.com/MastrDrakeSharu/...43872619646979

https://twitter.com/EmpressElysium/s...71151071084545

Yet another example of things not going well for people working with Geoff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by domu; 08-01-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152