Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Does Nobody Care About Emily Browning Casting News?

Robot for Front Page Blog Posts

Default Why Does Nobody Care About Emily Browning Casting News?

Linda Ge writes for Bleeding Cool.

She's pretty, she's talented, she always shows up on shortlists for major roles so she's definitely on Hollywood's radar, yet no one else seems to care much what Australian actress Emily Browning is up to.

I try to keep tabs on Browning, and recently wrote up that she had been cast in the female lead role in Paul W. S. Anderson's next film, Pompeii at my other gig. Even The Toronto Star?*originally only mentioned this bit of news in passing as part of a larger article about the film's production, and to my recollection no other outlets have cared to pick it up.

In any case, Browning has been cast as the dream girl of a slave gladiator named Milo, who will be played by Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington. Theirs is a star-crossed love, because on top of being in different social classes and therefore forbidden to marry, Mt. Vesuvius is about to erupt and maybe kill everyone, including the two of them. Filming begins in April.

Browning also has a "surprise" role in Andrew Niccol's alien invasion flick The Host, but other than some incensed fans of the book who felt it was too much of a spoiler to reveal her identity, it seems no one really cares about that either.

What's it going to take for people to start caring about Emily Browning? Well, I guess finally landing one of those major roles she's always up for would probably help.

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

Never heard of her.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Squid View Post
    Never heard of her.
    There are people who post to BC who've not seen Sucker Punch...?

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Squid View Post
    Never heard of her.
    I second that.
    I feel terrible for saying that because I actually saw Sucker Punch.

I'm sure this problem won't last long, she's quite the actress.

I never saw Sucker Punch and I don't know who this is, but if Paul W.S. Anderson can bring some of his Event Horizon promise to a non-techo beat filled special effects action movie, I would appreciate it.

she was awesome in Sleeping Beauty , she prove she can be kick ass in sucker punch... put her in a good movie and i'm gonna watch it.

Exceedingly Cool

Why does nobody care? Well, I don't know about everybody else, but I personally tuned out after I read the words "Paul W.S. Anderson's Next Film".

Consultant of Cool

"Why does nobody care about Emily Browning casting news?" One, I'm betting a lot of us have no idea who she is, and two, I rank actress casting news somewhere between when the queen of England took her last dump and when the next Justin Bieber album is out on the scale of relative importance

Exceedingly Cool

Are you her agent? You seem to have a weird stake in making sure we "care" about Emily Browning.

Writing an article about people not caring about an actress and how The Host fans consider it a surprise

Tweeting to Page to Premiere about how Ian and Wanda relationship is a ~surprise

Some people may not consider it a surprise and some not, there is no need to make it such a big deal but going to these extremes? What did you expect a reporter of the year title? Someone is a little obsessed, and its kind of sad that Blending Cool is being used as an outlet.
    Last edited by let_it_GO; 02-23-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast