Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Birmy
  • 2 Post By Karl Cook

Thread: Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes "Set 15 Years After," Features Jason Clarke Of Zero Dark Thirty

Administrator

Default Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes "Set 15 Years After," Features Jason Clarke Of Zero Dark Thirty

Jason Clarke, who was pretty much off-radar until Zero Dark Thirty, has been cast in Matt Reeves' Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

The Hollywood Reporterbroke news of Clarke's deal but don't know who he'll be playing. I assume it's a human, though he may yet turn out to be an orangutang, chimp or gibbon. Perhaps. Not likely.

There's not a lot of news on what the film will actually be about, though it's set some fifteen years after Rise - the Apes like to Rise before Dawn, apparently. Caesar is to feature heavily again, as he fights to maintain control of his Monkey Rome, and there's also said to be a:
    group of human scientists who are struggling to survive alone in San Francisco.
    What will the ape revolution look like fifteen years down the road? In fact, the big question might be what will it sound like? My guess is that these apes are going to speak.

I'll also take the bet that there's one called Brutus.

Production is set to start in the spring.

Rise was a pleasant surprise (particularly since I figured Burton had killed the franchise), but this new one will be made or broken on making the talking mo-cap apes something the audience takes seriously and doesn't just laugh at.
    jackmurphy1969 and MicroZone like this.

I'm looking forward to this movie. When Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes was first announced, I thought the title sounded stupid and the concept to be just as daft.
    Then, I saw the trailer and found my curiosity piqued to the point that I actually wanted to give it a go. I went to a Matinee showing at the local Odeon Cinema and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I definitely welcome the sequel and will go and see it in the cinema. Hopefully, it'll be at least as good as its predecessor.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Cook View Post
    I'm looking forward to this movie. When Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes was first announced, I thought the title sounded stupid and the concept to be just as daft.
    Then, I saw the trailer and found my curiosity piqued to the point that I actually wanted to give it a go. I went to a Matinee showing at the local Odeon Cinema and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I definitely welcome the sequel and will go and see it in the cinema. Hopefully, it'll be at least as good as its predecessor.
    I'm also really looking forward to it, and I'm excited Clarke will be in it. I enjoyed him in zero dark thirty.

Exceedingly Cool

Im looking forward but am very wary still. Rise was an uexpected gem of a movie and I truly believe that it could have gone very badly. I think it was Rupert who tool it over the line. With the apes all supposedly talking now, this could turn into Burtons's Apes movie. Ceaser just made it into the realm of acceptance in the last one. Although I like Reeves, I dont think the picture will be as good without Wyatt

...Aw, why not a Gibbon?