Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Somebody Claiming To Be) Joss Whedon Posts Mocked-Up Cover Of Firefly Magazine To Facebook - UPDATE

Administrator

Default (Somebody Claiming To Be) Joss Whedon Posts Mocked-Up Cover Of Firefly Magazine To Facebook - UPDATE

My Facebook timeline just got swallowed up by everybody I know simultaneously liking or sharing an image of a non-existant magazine. This non-existant magazine.

That was shared by one Joseph Hill Whedon, or Joss to his screaming accolytes.

Now, somebody has mocked this thing up for a reason. Keep a close eye on the coffee tables of the SHIELD pilot, I say.

I followed the URL at the bottom left, and then scanned the QR code, which on my iPhone at least, opened up a note containing something fans ofFirefly will recognise instantly...

UPDATE: The Facebook page is not genuine. I didn't click through before, I just took the image on face value. Silly me. Anyway, it was always "a fake," all that has changed is whether or not Whedon himself has "approved it" by passing it on.

Dean of Cool University Candletric's Avatar

Consultant of Cool

Be sure to check out the QR code....

Exceedingly Cool

Is that even really Joss's account? All that's ever posted there is stuff any fan could find on the Internet. There's never any news or thoughts. And fans make a lot of stuff, but it doesn't mean anything. When Joss does share his thoughts, it's at Whedonesque.com - Joss Whedon weblog

Wrote the Book on Cool

In semi-unrelated Firefly news, Gina Torres is guest-starring on next week's episode of Castle.

Very Cool

I'm one of the people who runs Whedonesque. That Facebook account has nothing to do with Joss, it's a sock puppet account. The magazine cover is a fan effort that someone did on Deviantart.
    Firefly Owner Monthly II by *GrahamTG on deviantART

Zen Master of Cool

It's pretty obviously not the real Joss' account. Still, it has a lot of cool stuff. I'm glad it came up.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

BC: Where Comics, Rumors and occasional News come to be misspelled!

Well damn and I just transported some livestock this past weekend. I bet this magazine would've come in handy.

Consultant of Cool

Firefly reference!

I don't care if it's fake, I still want one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast