Thread: Rian Johnson Tweet-Reviews Pacific Rim In Just 125 Characters

Administrator

Default Rian Johnson Tweet-Reviews Pacific Rim In Just 125 Characters

Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim is still some months away from its US release date of July 11th, one day further from its bow in the UK on the 12th, but progress is apparently good.

Rian Johnson, the director of Brick and Looper, has seen an unfinished version of the film and reviewed it, perhaps more properly previewed it, in a single tweet.
    Go into Pacific Rim prepared to be transmogrified into a 12 year old. And then to pee your pants with joy. I love it so much.

? Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) February 2, 2013
    Sounds like it taps right into the bit of the heart that wants giant robots for giant robots' sake. In my case, that's not such a pronounced bit, I have to admit, but Del Toro's such a fine storyteller that I'm looking forward to the film hugely.

Banned

I liked Pan's Labyrinth and Devil's Backbone, but Hellboy 2 was so full of plot holes that it just isn't enjoyable to watch.

Wrote the Book on Cool hammerstein's Avatar

The guy is too bright to deliver something as empty headed and twitchy as any of the Transformers movies...i'm looking forward to this very much!

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

I'll be so disappointed if this is just another transformers, when I'm hoping for something like Big Guy & Rusty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    I am not Sting on a binge.
    Superman or Batman?
    Kat Dennings: Yeah, they are DC. I hate both of them.

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

-Walt Whitman