Thread: Charlize Theron To Teach Seth MacFarlane To Shoot (And Love?) In A Million Ways To Die In The West

Administrator

Default Charlize Theron To Teach Seth MacFarlane To Shoot (And Love?) In A Million Ways To Die In The West

Seems that Seth MacFarlane will be able to fit in his comedy western ahead of Ted 2 after all. Better still, he'll have some good company while he's at it.

The Holywood Reporter say that production on A Million Ways To Die In The West is being lined up for May. It's always being described with comparisons to Blazing Saddles but I wonder how accurate that's actually going to prove.

From what I can gather, MacFarlane is going to play a farmer who gets drawn into a gunfight, quite sensibly chickens out from getting shot and then loses his girlfriend.

His get-her-back plan involves enlisting the help of a female outlaw and learning to shoot. Of course, he then starts falling for the outl...

...look, it's The Silver Linings Playbook, basically. With guns. And Charlize Theron instead of Jennifer Lawrence.

Theron's good casting for a Wild West outlaw, I think. She's also good casting for a comedy. I don't know why she doesn't do more of them.

I'm interested in the title. I hope that pays off. I want this film to include all of those risk elements, if not all of those deaths. It'd also be nice to see MacFarlane to develop on the promise of Ted.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

This...could actually be pretty good. Ted was very funny, here's hoping he can recapture some of that. I expect Anachronisms galore

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    This...could actually be pretty good. Ted was very funny, here's hoping he can recapture some of that. I expect Anachronisms galore
    I'm excited to see charlize in another comedy

Banned

Ted was funny. However, Ted was still an animated feature of sorts. I don't think Seth MacFarlane is tolerable in live action. He once did a commencement address at a Harvard Graduation a few years ago and he was INSUFFERABLE.

His obnoxiousness is manageable when you have a degree of separation as you have in animation. But LIVE?! HELL NO