Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brendon Connelly

Thread: About Time - New Image And Nifty, Rather Detailed, Plot Blurb

Administrator

Default About Time - New Image And Nifty, Rather Detailed, Plot Blurb

Here's the second image from Richard Curtis' About Time, his return to time travel stories after Doctor Who's wonderfulVincent and the Doctor.

That's Rachel McAdams and Domnhall Gleeson.

Here's the new, detailed plot blurb for the film:
    At the age of 21, Tim Lake (Gleeson) discovers he can travel in time?

The night after another unsatisfactory New Year party, Tim?s father (Nighy) tells his son that the men in his family have always had the ability to travel through time. Tim can?t change history, but he can change what happens and has happened in his own life?so he decides to make his world a better place?by getting a girlfriend. Sadly, that turns out not to be as easy as you might think.

Moving from the Cornwall coast to London to train as a lawyer, Tim finally meets the beautiful but insecure Mary (McAdams). They fall in love, then an unfortunate time-travel incident means he?s never met her at all. So they meet for the first time again?and again?but finally, after a lot of cunning time-traveling, he wins her heart.

Tim then uses his power to create the perfect romantic proposal, to save his wedding from the worst best-man speeches, to save his best friend from professional disaster and to get his pregnant wife to the hospital in time for the birth of their daughter, despite a nasty traffic jam outside Abbey Road.

But as his unusual life progresses, Tim finds out that his unique gift can?t save him from the sorrows and ups and downs that affect all families, everywhere. There are great limits to what time travel can achieve, and it can be dangerous too. ?About Time? is a comedy about love and time travel, which discovers that, in the end, making the most of life may not need time travel at all.
    I think I'll like this a great deal. I hope so, at least.
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    "About Time" is a comedy about love and time travel, which discovers that, in the end, making the most of life may not need time travel at all.
    For the record, I was already aware that making the most of my life did not require time travel. I thought there was broad agreement on that fact....

The only ABOUT TIME I care about is the book series published by Mad Norwegian Press.

I was hoping that was what this thread was about: an announcement for ABOUT TIME Volume 7, detailing the BBC Wales DOCTOR WHO series....
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser

...Aw, c'mon, you Hollyweird wankers! Can't we get a revamp/relaunch/reimaging for It's About Time​?
    -------

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    For the record, I was already aware that making the most of my life did not require time travel. I thought there was broad agreement on that fact....
    But if you had the ability to time travel you might have gotten a little confused somewhere down the line, no?

Sounds like a light romcom version of The Time Traveller's Wife. Could be good, and if nothing else it would have to try very hard to be worse than the bllodlessly boring film version of said book.
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread