Thread: The Producers Of The New Blade Runner Called Sean Young In For A Meeting

Administrator

Default The Producers Of The New Blade Runner Called Sean Young In For A Meeting

The best story about Sean Young taking a meeting about a movie will probably always be the one about hernot taking a meeting about a movie.

According to industry legend, Young was determined to play Catwoman in Batman Returns and turned up at the Warner Bros. lot in full costume. It goes that Tim Burton then hid under his desk so she'd think he was out and go away. Depending on who tells the story, he was hiding there for anything from a few minutes to a couple of hours.

Sometimes the telling then gets confused with another story and she then pees on his desk but I'm 100% certain this bit didn't actually happen.

Okay, 99.99%

Things seem to have gone a little differently with Alcon, the producers of the upcoming Blade Runner follow-up. Young told Crave that they've already called her in for a chat:
    I did meet with Alcon, the company that owns it and is planning to do the remake with Ridley. I did meet with them, but I think at that point they just wanted to meet me and I don?t think they have any plans of using any of the original people, although I can?t say for sure.

I do think, let me just say it right here, I do think it would be a disappointment to the audience not to have Rachel in it but you know what, folks in Hollywood make mistakes all the time.
    Could she even play Rachel anyway? I mean this in the most delicate of sense, but would a replicant have aged in the same way as Sean Young?

If Ridley Scott does return to Blade Runner, and day by day I'm less inclined to think he ever will, we should probably expect a whole new cast of characters and a film that relates to the original in much the way that Prometheus related to Alien.

Young was speaking to Crave about her upcoming picture Jug Head. I'd recommend checking out its trailer. It's special.

To me, "New Blade Runner" is a phrase that's simply never going to bode well...

Though it does remind me that I need to try again to track down the provenance of an old Blade Runner movie poster that I have...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

The replicant is Paget Brewster.

Don't go back to the same well, Ridley - find another one!

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

I think Jug Face looks awesome. Ugly Jugs are a long-time folk art tradition, in case anyone has never seen one.

Wrote the Book on Cool hammerstein's Avatar

Loved Prometheus, flaws (gaping or otherwise) an' all..and I'm a big fan of Ridley Scott. Alien and Blade Runner changed sci-fi forever.

But I'll be the first to admit, he needs better writers at his disposal (and challenging him - which is extremely unlikely for a director of his stature)...

I hope he listened to some of the criticism of Prometheus - it's obvious from the superb extras on the Blu that he is an obsessive perfectionist of superb design -
    and still can direct the shit out of an action scene...but he needs to be making genuinely great movies as a hugely successful mature artist.

Scott needs to take more crazy chances and be paying closer attention to the script.

I don't think his legacy would be best served by failing to match Blade Runner as he did it before...the damage he did with Robin Hood is a sore memory.
    Last edited by hammerstein; 01-24-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Wrote the Book on Cool hammerstein's Avatar

btw she still looks pretty fine, especially for someone who has publicly admitted (flaunted) their alcoholism.

http://nationalpostarts.files.wordpr...oung.jpg?w=620
    Last edited by hammerstein; 01-24-2013 at 11:39 PM.