Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Mirror Trailer - Second Series Promo For Charlie Brooker\'s iPad Killing TV Show

Administrator

Default Black Mirror Trailer - Second Series Promo For Charlie Brooker\'s iPad Killing TV Show

This promo for Black Mirror's second series plays the themes rather than the footage, but you'll spot some glimpses of things to come. The recurring symbol, for example, and the face of Waldo - imagine Ali G reimagined as a cartoony blue bear.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5AKVtvkdc[/youtube]

Looking good.

Rich saw the first episode a few days back, reviewed it and recounted how it killed his iPad. Or rather, how he killed his iPad with a certain amount of irony. That'll teach him to quietly snaffle invites away from the film and TV side of the site, eh?

Yes, Rich broke his iPad. We get it. It's a terrible shame. I'm still in mourning. Black armband and everything. But this is the third headline about it now. Maybe a little much?

He replaced it anyway...

VP in Charge of Cool

This show is fucking BLEAK.

The first series was well written and compelling....but it should be called "LOOK HOW FUCKED UP HUMANITY IS"...and in that vein it made me feel unwell.

I don't watch TV to be disturbed on that level. I watch TV to be entertained.

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AnomanderRake View Post
    This show is fucking BLEAK.

The first series was well written and compelling....but it should be called "LOOK HOW FUCKED UP HUMANITY IS"...and in that vein it made me feel unwell.

I don't watch TV to be disturbed on that level. I watch TV to be entertained.

Not for me.
    I want to say "thank you", sincerely, for being one of the people who can say "I don't like this, it's not what I look for in my entertainment so it's not for me". Seriously, we need more folks who give that sort of consideration to their posts.

I don't necessarily want all my televsion viewing to be pure entertainment, but I do know there are certainly days where the last thing I'd want is something like an episode of Black Mirror. I'm glad that the choice exists to view such material if I'm in the mood, though
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fysh View Post
    I want to say "thank you", sincerely, for being one of the people who can say "I don't like this, it's not what I look for in my entertainment so it's not for me". Seriously, we need more folks who give that sort of consideration to their posts.

I don't necessarily want all my televsion viewing to be pure entertainment, but I do know there are certainly days where the last thing I'd want is something like an episode of Black Mirror. I'm glad that the choice exists to view such material if I'm in the mood, though
    I've been actually trying to be this way more and more online over the last few months...glad I can oblige.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by thekeith82 View Post
    Yes, Rich broke his iPad. We get it. It's a terrible shame. I'm still in mourning. Black armband and everything. But this is the third headline about it now. Maybe a little much?
    It is? I must have missed one of them. Maybe while Rich was on the phone going on about his iPad.

Administrator

I don't watch TV to be disturbed on that level.
    I do. Takes all sorts, I suppose.

I've been actually trying to be this way more and more online over the last few months...glad I can oblige.
    Me too, but I find it's very much a case of having good days and bad days. Knowing other folks around here are doing something similar helps
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread

Loved this series. Can't wait. Anyone know when it's airing in America?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast