Thread: First Look At The 47 Ronin, Keanu Reeves And Some Evil-Ass Armour - UPDATED Posters Gone

Administrator

Default First Look At The 47 Ronin, Keanu Reeves And Some Evil-Ass Armour - UPDATED Posters Gone

UPDATE:Posters removed by request.

Carl Erik Rinsch's 47 Ronin was originally set for release last year, and these posters will attest to this. They'll obviously need a little bit of a tweak before they roll out wide, to fix that date if nothing else. Perhaps none of these will ever see the light of day.

Doesn't mean they're not interesting and, in the case of those with light backgrounds, quite good looking.

So here's Keanu Reeves and some of his co-stars in our first real look at 47 Ronin's characters and costuming.

IMAGES REMOVED BY REQUEST - SORRY, SOME OF THEM LOOKED REALLY GOOD

The production has been troubled, though there were competing stories of what was actually up. Still, some whispers are that it's actually very impressive. Shame we'll be waiting until December to find out for sure.

Thanks to our tipster Udom.

Here's how the film was blurbed by Hero Complex:
    The troupe of banished samurai long to restore their honor and find vengeance against the treacherous Lord Kira who was responsible for the death of their master. Kai [Reeves] is the uneasy compatriot in their company and his standing will be questioned even more as he falls in love with Mika, daughter of the fallen master. The film presents a quest where the ronin (the term for samurai with no master) face trials that test their mettle and their loyalty to one another.

I want to be excited about this, about that cast, but I feel like I'll be setting myself up for disappointment.

Wrote the Book on Cool Mars Hottentot's Avatar

Got 47 Ronin, but can only bank on one - HIT ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Hottentot View Post
    Got 47 Ronin, but can only bank on one - HIT ME!
    I got 47 Ronin but a b!tch ain't one.

That Siekiewicz looking first poster is the business.
    "Walking bones!"

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

Show of hands.... who else thinks Keanu looks like Qui Gon Jinn?

Mario Di Giacomo

*raises hand*
    "Walking bones!"

Well.. with Reeves veung part Asian... I guess we are moving a bit forward from Tom Cruise as The Last Samurai and John Wayne as Ghengis Kahn.

Dean of Cool University Amergin's Avatar

Paul Mooney. Paging Paul Mooney.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Dean of Cool University Grendel's Avatar

It's 2013 and this still goes on? Keanu Reeves doesn't look Japanese, he looks like Keanu Reeves! Get a Japanese lead, promote the movie enough and Americans might still see it. Is Keanu Reeves that much of a box office draw? Not in a movie he has no business in. I love Samurai movies but I'll pass on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    It's 2013 and this still goes on? Keanu Reeves doesn't look Japanese, he looks like Keanu Reeves! Get a Japanese lead, promote the movie enough and Americans might still see it. Is Keanu Reeves that much of a box office draw? Not in a movie he has no business in. I love Samurai movies but I'll pass on this.
    Give this one a go. As I understand it, Keanu isn't the main character, it's just being promoted that way, even with the reshoots.
    "Walking bones!"