Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alekesam
  • 1 Post By kalorama

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger To Appear In Terminator 5

Administrator

Default Arnold Schwarzenegger To Appear In Terminator 5

Briefly: our man Patrick Dane is down at the London junket forThe Last Stand and he reports back, in short, that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be appearing in the next Terminator movie. Arnold said so himself.

The big man listed the film as being on his upcoming slate alongside Triplets and the next Conan picture.

Arnold was being linked to Terminator again back when Justin Lin was developing the next film, but we had no idea that he was involved in the current Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier version until now. I'm glad he is.

Quite what role a 'significantly older' Arnold would play in the film remains to be seen. The model for the original T-800 seems like a fairly good bet, so would some motion capture of de-ageing FX.

The Last Stand is released in the UK this Thursday.

Who's going to do more sequels in the next couple years, Arnold or Vin Diesel?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Who's going to do more sequels in the next couple years, Arnold or Vin Diesel?
    Probably Arnold. Vin can't afford to do a lot of sequels outside of FnF and Riddick. He's got to keep doing new-(ish) movies whereas Arnold can tread older ground to the end of his career because that's what's expected of him.

Speaking of Terminator tho', isn't it funny that in each Terminator flick, Skynet keeps making more and more advanced models of these ****ers and yet they all get beat by the obsolete T-800? T-1000, T-X, etc, all get their cans handed to them. Maybe Skynet got it right the first time and should've...I dunno...sent more than ONE friggin' Terminator back?
    Pop-Tart Samson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alekesam View Post
    Probably Arnold. Vin can't afford to do a lot of sequels outside of FnF and Riddick. He's got to keep doing new-(ish) movies whereas Arnold can tread older ground to the end of his career because that's what's expected of him.
    I believe Diesel is also returning to the XXX franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    The model for the original T-800 seems like a fairly good bet
    Didn't they already do that in part 3 as a throwaway gag?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    I believe Diesel is also returning to the XXX franchise.
    That would seem to be a step back to me (tho' he'll be great in the film I'm sure). It would seem to be a smarter move to get A Man Apart/Boiler Room Vin back instead of franchise Vin. I mean as long as the franchises work (FnF for instance...I mean, who knew?) it's all good. But if any of those franchise's tank I'd think his career could take a hit with them.

VP in Charge of Cool

He can't afford to do any sequels outside of those because none of his other action movies were successful enough to actually warrant a sequel. When was the last new, non-Riddick, non-F-and-F, non-XXX picture he did that actually made any real money? At least Arnold has a chance (however slim) of a new property drawing fans on whatever's left of his name power and/or curiosity. Outside of his brand-name franchises (Riddick, F-n-F, XXX), Diesel's really only had one bona fide hit, The Pacifier, and that was 7 years ago. When you come right down to it, sequels to Riddick, F-n-F, and XXX are all he really can afford to do, because almost everything he's done outside of those (as the main billed star) has flopped.
    Last edited by kalorama; 01-22-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    alekesam likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool

That would seem to be a step back to me (tho' he'll be great in the film I'm sure). It would seem to be a smarter move to get A Man Apart/Boiler Room Vin back instead of franchise Vin. I mean as long as the franchises work (FnF for instance...I mean, who knew?) it's all good. But if any of those franchise's tank I'd think his career could take a hit with them.
    His career's already taken a hit, which is why he's going back to the proven franchise well with the most recent F-n-F and the return to Riddick and XXX. It's easy money.