Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Roger Rabbit Sequel "Is Going To Get Made, Trust Me" And Bob Hoskins "Is Ready To Do It"

Administrator

Default Roger Rabbit Sequel "Is Going To Get Made, Trust Me" And Bob Hoskins "Is Ready To Do It"

Robert Zemeckis' long time producing partners Jack Rapke and Steve Starkey attended the London premiere of Flight tonight and spoke to the rather winning Jan Gilbert on the red carpet.

In this video, you can see Jan chat with them about Flight, confirm that the Yellow Submarine remake is dead, and also get a status update on the Who Framed Roger Rabbit sequel. They have one particularly big surprise on that front.

You should go into this knowing that, sadly, Bob Hoskins retired from acting due to the onset of Parkinson's disease.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-HFUSO0vdE[/youtube]

Steve Starkey: That [Roger Rabbit] sequel is going to get made. Trust me. Yeah, we have a great script and we're just trying to pull it together and see if we can pull it off but we're ready to go. If somebody says Go, we're there.

It's troublesome [but] we last had lunch with [Bob Hoskins]... we'll figure out a way. With digital technology there's always a way to get a guy on his feet.

Jack Rapke: And he's ready to do it. He's ready to do it.

But that's nothing compared to the surprise I got when I watched Jan's video with Robert Zemeckis. Here's that clip, and below, his comments on the Roger Rabbit follow-up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHrQZEWEFfY[/youtube]

Robert Zemeckis: No, there won't be a sequel.

Sounds like Steve Starkey and Robert Zemeckis need to sit down and have a chat about a thing or two.

In truth, I suspect Zemeckis is trying to stop the constant questioning about the film. He may have just been shutting Jan's butt down, as Tarantino would put it. Can't say I'd blame him. It must get bloody annoying.

Or maybe Starkey knows the headline value in keeping the story going? It's certainly giving me a pretty high profile platform on which to say:
    Go see Flight. It's good.
    Or... really, it could be anything.

Anyway, the Roger Rabbit sequel is definitely going to get made. Meanwhile, there absolutely won't be a Roger Rabbit sequel. Hot news, straight from the Flight premiere.

I think I need a lie down.

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Wrote the Book on Cool

"That [Roger Rabbit] sequel is going to get made. Trust me. Yeah, we have a great script and we’re just trying to pull it together and see if we can pull it off but we’re ready to go. If somebody says Go, we’re there."

Sir, I don't trust you one bit. Producers...

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of if not my favorite movie ever.

I don't want a sequel.

Ever.

There's no chance of it comparing favorably in my eyes.

Now Bill and Ted 3....
    GLuke and Ferb Morgendorffer like this.
    Twitter - eFridayPfender
    My semi-regular thoughts - Rants, Raves, and Ricin

Exceedingly Cool

Or perhaps it's just a technicality and it's really a prequel instead of a sequel.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Exceedingly Cool

Didn't Bob Hoskin recently announce his retirement, due to Parkinson's disease?

Bleeding Cool

The BT ads were a disgrace. End of.

'It's cats and dogs out here! They need picking up!'

'F*** you, you c***'
    Last edited by Ian Coke; 01-18-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Zen Master of Cool Death's Head's Avatar

Charming!

His turn in the Long Good Friday erases all sins. Marvellous film.
    SMITH
    Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - a comic strip so controversial you'll crap Shreddies.

It's no secret that Zemeckis's experience directing the first Roger was harrowing. It took far longer and was far more difficult than even he anticipated.

As far as it getting made, it came down from on high about 4 years ago at Disney that ALL properties they own should be looked at for sequel/prequel potential. That started the ball rolling on the sequel. They nixed the prequel concept a while ago from what I heard.

They'll probably take Roger into the '50s or '60s of TV animation and have him be this 24-frame-per-second fully animated character in a world of characters who're only partially animated. It'll save them money while still being able to gather a bunch of characters for cameos.
    OK, so NObody ever clicks on links in sigs, but, come on, click on THIS one. Why?
    SEE:
    The INCREDIBLE HULK refereeing a crazy wrestling match!
    WATCH as a German G.I. Joe gets his ass totally kicked!
    WONDER why the hell Miss Piggy shows up!
    SCRATCH your head when Superman's REAL father interviews the wrestlers!
    EAT your vegetables because it'll make your mom happy (& you'll live longer)!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast