Thread: New Terminator Film To Be Co-Written By Battle Angel Screenwriter

Administrator

Default New Terminator Film To Be Co-Written By Battle Angel Screenwriter

Laeta Kaologridis has been teamed with Patrick Lussier on a script for the next Terminator film, say Deadline.

Her previous credits include Shutter Island but also Avatar and the Battle Angel screenplay that James Cameron says he still intends to shoot.

One has to wonder if he was at all involved in her appointment.

Lussier notched up some good editing credits on Wes Craven films before becoming a director, perhaps most successfully with Drive Angry. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to direct this Terminator film himself, though that doesn't appear to be set yet.

Wrote the Book on Cool

While I'm excited for a new terminator I'm nervous because Cameron's involved with it

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by marveldcman View Post
    While I'm excited for a new terminator I'm nervous because Cameron's involved with it
    Where did you get that idea?

Wrote the Book on Cool

My bad. Misread the article

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Her previous credits include Shutter Island but also Avatar and the Battle Angel screenplay that James Cameron says he still intends to shoot.
    She also developed the Birds of Prey TV series.

Wrote the Book on Cool

ok...I'm blind....does the article say if this movie is a sequel to the Schwarzenegger stuff or the Bale movie that came out a few years back?

Captain Cool

This franchise needs to die already. Nothing good has come out after the 2 Cameron films.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by moun10dew View Post
    ok...I'm blind....does the article say if this movie is a sequel to the Schwarzenegger stuff or the Bale movie that came out a few years back?
    Nobody knows. Both, maybe? Neither? We'll have to wait and see.

Dean of Cool University

Given that all four of the movies take place in the same continuity, presumably it'll either be a sequel/prequel to all of them, or a completely fresh reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    This franchise needs to die already. Nothing good has come out after the 2 Cameron films.
    Agreed. The first and second films were great, and everything since (be it film, television, or comic) has been at best mediocre (and frequently worse). Nobody pushing it as a franchise seems to have any real idea of why we as an audience are supposed to be interested, beyond nostalgia for the first two films, and somehow keep completely missing the mark.
    When in doubt, "Try not to be a dick" is usually a good place to start.
    The infrequently-updated Euro comics thread || Small Press Reviews thread||Random Chat thread