Thread: JJ Abrams Puts Ron Howard To Work On Life Rewind Fantasy, All I've Got

Administrator

Default JJ Abrams Puts Ron Howard To Work On Life Rewind Fantasy, All I've Got

The original All I've Got, or more properly Kol Ma She'Yesh Li, was anIsraeli TV movie from about ten years ago. Here's the premise, as perVulture:
    A young, very-much-in-love man and woman... get into a freak caraccident in which the man is killed. Though the woman moves on andmarries another man with whom she has three children, her own death 50years later only opens more doors.

In the afterlife, she is given the choice of forgetting the memory ofher life after the accident and becoming young again to be with herfirst love, or choosing to remain as she is and waiting for her secondhusband?s death.
    I can't paraphrase that because it leaves me with too many questions,I thought I better share it pretty much as they had it.

JJ Abrams and Bad Robot are producing a US, theatrical remake of thefilm and have apparently set Ron Howard as the project's director.He's not quite Guillermo Del Toro, or James Franco even, but Howarddoes know how to rack up little piles of in-development pictures.

Similarly, Bad Robot get a lot of things going but they don't all makeit all of the way.

The story premise put me in mind of Neil Gaiman's The Wedding Present,written originally as - tada! - a wedding present, then published inSmoke and Mirrors. You can listen to Gaiman read it via Last FM. It'sa fine story, amongst my favourite of his works.

Consultant of Cool

Abrams seems to really like Howard since after Stephen King gave the rights to The Dark Tower Series to Abrams he then gave them to Howard (which proceeded to piss off King).

Cool

Nice! I'm actually excited to see Ron Howard back at work in this capacity... I'm always bummed to hear the word "re-make", regardless of the origins, but this does sound promising. I love journeys into the afterlife. Let's see if their interpretation is as gorgeous as What Dreams May Come (underrated!!!!).

Maybe Howard or Abrams should be working on The Dark Tower series instead!!