Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fallout TV Adaption Seems To Be In The Works

Administrator

Default Fallout TV Adaption Seems To Be In The Works

Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool

I wouldn't get too excited for this, as it is only the earliest of indicators... but what the hell, lets get a bit excited anyways.

According to Eurogamer, game developer Bethesda have filed a trademark for "an on-going television program set in a post-nuclear apocalyptic world."

This would seem to point directly to an adaptation of the company's much loved Fallout franchise.

Fallout is one of the most popular RPG series of all time and features the player navigating 'the Wastes', a version of America that has been blown to smithereens by nuclear warfare.

Or, to put it in another way, that "post-nuclear apocalyptic world" we know from the movies.

It's important to note that filing a trademark is a long way from any sort of confirmation. Bethesda may be filing 'just in case.' But it is an indicator that the idea has at least flown around and that enough talks have taken place for some to ask for the trademark to be locked down.

If you are as big a fan of the series as I am, this is great news. A TV show set in the world of Fallout is a very appealing prospect. Under the right talent, the concept could produce something as successful as The Walking Dead, I'm sure.

And from the vast barren setting to the futuristic spin on 1960s designs, a network could have something visually striking.

For now though, lets just stifle our collective excitement until we hear more.

Hmm, might be pretty cool
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Consultant of Cool

There's a Bethesda blessed (unofficial and not for profit, but they know about it and support it) YouTube series called Fallout: Nuka Break that's pretty good, especially considering the budget they are working with. Doug Jones is in it! They even got a couple of the writers of the video game to help out with season two.

They could do something similar to Jericho, only with the trademark dark humor and old-time sci-fi parody that defines the games. Or maybe just like Jericho. Better yet, just bring Jericho back.

I miss it...

Wrote the Book on Cool JSayonara's Avatar

Cool.
    I've been re-playing New Vegas this week, great game.

And Fallout 4 is on it's way, nice tie-in potential there.

...Been there. Done that.

alekesam likes this.
    -------

Wrote the Book on Cool littlemaths's Avatar

Brilliant idea. I'd love to see Fallout as a TV series - it's always been about interactions and the people left after the apocalypse: a TV series presents a much better opportunity to explore those themes than a movie would.

It might work, if Obsidian is brought in to help with the lore. Bethesda doesn't really get FO very well.

Sounds interesting. I would watch it

The guy who voices Three Dog in the games tweeted a couple of weeks back they his character would be making a return appearance soon. He said he had been given clearance to say that, and only that, and couldn't confirm whether it was a new game or a different project. He did retweet a guy who basically said "so it's either a new game or a movie, then?"

A TV show could be good though. If they keep the weirdness and dark humour of the games intact, it could well be something entertainingly different from the usual po-faced post apocalyptic stuff. I'd love to see an anthology show, pehaps with a cast of recurring supporting characters, rather than a single ongoing storyline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast