Glasgow's 2013 Film Festival runs from February 14th to the 24th - Valentines Day until Oscars day. Thelineup is genuinely impressive stuff.
There are honestly loads of films I'm very keen to see, and they're definitely going out on a high point with a closing night film that could sell out in minutes...
The opening night picture is Populaire, a fizzy French romcom in the Rock Hudson and Doris Day mould; better still, the closing night choice is Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing. What a coup.
Here's a list of other high points:
But that's not the half of it. You can browse the full program on the official site.
- Aliens in 70mm - plus the new Aliens videogame, Colonial Marines, on the big screen.
- Cloud Atlas
- John Dies at the End
- Neil Jordan's new vampire picture Byzantium
- Steve Coogan in The Look of Love, the Paul Raymond biopic
- Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope
- A fiftieth anniversary year celebration ofDoctor Whowith members of the cast and TomMcRae
- Dredd plus a discussion with John Wagner
- Judge Minty plus a session called Making A Fan Film
- Truly epic dance movie Girl Walk//All Day - for free
- Chan Wook Park's Stoker
- Derek Cianfrance's The Place Beyond the Pines with The Gosling and Bradley Cooper
- Nicolas Lopez' and producer Eli Roth's Aftershock
- Steve Niles in town to screen and discuss 30 Days of Night and his other work
Tickets are on sale today. I should imagine some of these films will sell out pretty darn quickly.
Here's the trailer for the fest, sadly bereft of movie clips.