Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First Details Of The Hobbit Blu-Rays Arrive - UPDATED

Administrator

Default First Details Of The Hobbit Blu-Rays Arrive - UPDATED

UPDATE: By Warner Bros. request we've removed the image. You'll also see that Amazon have altered their listing. Official details are still forthcoming and maydiffer entirely from what was presented here.

FROM THE ORIGINAL TEXT: On Amazon's French site, we can see that the discs are going to come with 2 hours of supplements, comprising a "Making Of" and ten videoblogs.

There are no commentaries listed, and the 3D version is split across two Blu-rays whereas the 2D version has been contained on just the one.

There's an extended version coming later in the year. It's yet to be confirmed if that will be released in 3D at all, but I expect it will be. Maybe at that length the 2D version will require two discs too.

I'll keep you posted on any big differences to the specification, if there are any, once the film is announced for UK or US release.

Exceedingly Cool

I still haven't gotten around to getting a blue-ray player, maybe this will finally convince me, cos I don't think well be getting al, that on DVD.

Definitely waiting for the extended version. I don't see any point in buying the initial release.
    Lars Jensen likes this.

Zen Master of Cool

Well if I wasn't getting a blu-ray player (or, more likely, a blu-ray disk drive for my PC) for the Phase 1 set, I'd be getting it for this.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Unlike the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, where I bought the cinematic releases just to be able to rewatch the films before the extended editions came out, I'll be holding out for the extended editions. And even then it's mostly for the documentaries, which I hope will match the honesty and all-encompassing nature of the LoTR DVDs.

Wrote the Book on Cool hammerstein's Avatar

I want the precise opposite..i want the concise version that actually resembles Tolkien's Hobbit without all the inserted action crap.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Extended edition? Can I have a Shortened Edition, with no ridiculous giant rabbit sleds?

48FPS shouldn't be a problem with current Blu Ray players or TVs, I wonder why it isn't mentioned...

What the hell are any films doing taking 2 blu-rays to complete?
    This is such bollocks. They did this with the fucking LOTR discs, too ... something if I'd been aware of in advance, I'd have not bought them.

I'll certainly be ripping to file and playing the file instead.
    Ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast