Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles Starts Shooting In April

Administrator

Default Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles Starts Shooting In April

The Michael Bay-produced, Jonathan Liebesman-directed Ninja Turtles movie was in pre-production last June when Paramount Pictures put on the brakesand sent everybody home. A rewrite was ordered, apparently with instructions to make the film a less expensive a proposition.

Seems that the fixer-uppers did a good job, as Production Weekly, who are very much on the money with these things, have tweeted the following:
    Principle photography on TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, is scheduled to begin this April in New York.

? Production Weekly (@prodweek) January 12, 2013
    New York. April. How Turtles.

I wonder if the rewrite has in any way addressed the fan discord? Will the Turtles be getting their Mutant back?

And no, I don't mean Corey Feldman...

Exceedingly Cool

We all need Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    We all need Jesus.
    at this point I'd settle for Ganesh
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

I grew up with Ninja Turtles, GI Joe, Tansformers, and He-Man. The old cartoons have not aged too well. They were 80s kids shows manufactured to sell toys. And they all worked, judging from the bins in my parents basement. To varying degrees they were kinda lame cartoons, tossing nostalgia goggles aside.

I want to say Transformers was maybe the best. Actually.. I think maybe Ghostbusters was best.. but that being baswd on a film, lets ignore it. GI Joe was flawed, but had its moments. The 80s Turtles walked a camp line, especially later seasons. He-Man was maybe the most absurd.

Yet if Hollywood wants to turn these 80s toy commerical kids shows into movies.. it seems they are trying for an even lower standard. In later cartoon remakes and comic books, these stories have proven to have potential. Yet assholes like BAy seem to think there is no meat on the bone to these properties and set out to make a somehow even dumber and more commerical movie and expect audiences just to suck that shit down.

It is sad that movies made tpday are somehow dumber and more hollow commercial shills than the 80s cartoons they are based on. Instad of fillingnin the gaps and making a better film, Bay just uses it to crank out one with more holes and a shallower coat.

There was a possibility for an amazing Transformer film based on the material. Instead we got some of the basest Holkywood bullshit with the excuse that it is just a movie to sell toys.
    Blech.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    I grew up with Ninja Turtles, GI Joe, Tansformers, and He-Man. The old cartoons have not aged too well. They were 80s kids shows manufactured to sell toys. And they all worked, judging from the bins in my parents basement. To varying degrees they were kinda lame cartoons, tossing nostalgia goggles aside.
    At least they were originaaaal (wags finger)

Culturally, we are now creatively circling the drain - whether it be music, movies, or comics books. Now idiots get excited over the 1,000th derivation of a Star Wars property, and every movie is a remake. Say what you will about the 80's - but they were making new shit back then. Now we get Red Dawn, Alien, Die Hard, and Total Recall remakes

(for the record, I agree with most of your post)

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    At least they were originaaaal (wags finger)

Culturally, we are now creatively circling the drain - whether it be music, movies, or comics books. Now idiots get excited over the 1,000th derivation of a Star Wars property, and every movie is a remake. Say what you will about the 80's - but they were making new shit back then. Now we get Red Dawn, Alien, Die Hard, and Total Recall remakes

(for the record, I agree with most of your post)
    We get original movies and cartoons all the time. Sure, Star Wars bullshit give idiots great big erections but who gives a crap what they think?

One of my favorite movies of all time was a remake of a remake of a remake that was pretty much churned out to keep an option (The Maltese Falcon).

This movie is probably going to suck, but it's lack of "originality" won't be a factor in that, it's being headed up by Platinum Dunes, and THAT is why I think it'll be crap.

Wrote the Book on Cool

As much as I know he (Bay) is going to butcher this film I just hope he realizes or someone does that they should just ignore the "Origin" aspect of it all. TMNT has been part of pop culture for a few decades so explaining it is a legit waste of screen time. Just have the movie dive right in the mytho's and tell a story to entertain people for a hour thirty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GreggN View Post
    We get original movies and cartoons all the time.
    Hyuk. Hardly

Wrote the Book on Cool

The thing I hate about these movies is all my co-workers are going to ask me about a million times "Have you seen it yet?" which will only serve to remind me that in some alternate universe a cool TMNT movie just came out. Just not in mine.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Coming in 2014: Michael bay presents teenage mutant ninja turtles with explosions!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast