Thread: New Pirates Of The Caribbean Movie Gets New Screenwriter

Administrator

Default New Pirates Of The Caribbean Movie Gets New Screenwriter

Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer already had a script for a fifth Pirates of the Caribbeanfilm, courtesy ofTerry Rossio, but it would seem tonight that they've thrown that one overboard and commissioned a new one.

According to Variety, Jeff Nathanson has been tapped to write the new film, presumably from scratch.

If so, this would make it the first film in the series not written Terry Rossio - or, for that matter, his sometime co-writer Ted Elliot.

Nathanson's resume includesIndiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The his less worrisome credits include Tower Heist and Catch Me If You Can, but everything is relative.

We don't know what direction Nathanson will be taking the Pirates series, or which characters he'll bring back but I think you can be pretty confident Johnny Depp will reprise the role of Captain Jack Sparrow. That, for Disney and large parts of the audience too, I'd expect, is pretty much the point of these films.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Nathanson's resume includesIndiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
    Is he the one that came up with the "nuke the fridge" idea?

Maybe the change will be good. For the life of me, I have yet to sit through On Stranger Tides in one sitting. It just doesn't grab my interests at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monetta View Post
    Maybe the change will be good. For the life of me, I have yet to sit through On Stranger Tides in one sitting. It just doesn't grab my interests at all.
    I for one found it to be a vast improvement when compared with part 2 and 3 (mainly because they substituted Knightley with Cruz).

気持ち悪い

Wrote the Book on Cool The Mirrorball Man's Avatar

It's a strange movie, one in which none of the protagonists has any real motivation to do what they do, so it gets a little hard to relate to any of them. A change of writer sounds like a very good idea in that context.
    My deviantART gallery.

Exceedingly Cool

Meh.. another one? Haven't even finished watching the last one yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I for one found it to be a vast improvement when compared with part 2 and 3 (mainly because they substituted Knightley with Cruz).
    I can see how that might be a visual improvement to some... but at least with Kiera Knightley, you can understand her dialogue. Penelope Cruz is the most successful actress in American cinema lacking the ability to speak English.

Dean of Cool University

on stranger tides was actually GOOD......the 2nd and 3rd flicks zucked when depp was off screen

I enjoyed a captain jack solo(mostly) adventure

Wrote the Book on Cool

Reboot PotC in to Monkey Island