Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Oscar Nominations For 2013 - Includes Video Of MacFarlane And Stone's Announcements

Administrator

Default The Oscar Nominations For 2013 - Includes Video Of MacFarlane And Stone's Announcements

The Oscar nominations were this year announced by Seth MacFarlane and Emma Stone, who between them made this the best nominations broadcast ever. In fact, it was better and funnier than most full Oscar shows.

MacFarlane's involvement makes this the first time that the host of the main show has revealed the noms since before I was born - therefore before he was born too. He also ended up being nominated for an award himself - for writing the lyrics to a song in Ted.

Watch the nominations in this player. They're no longer live but it should repeat.

Best PictureAmour Argo Beasts Of The Southern Wild Django Unchained Les Miserables Life Of Pi Lincoln Silver Linings Playbook Zero Dark ThirtyBest DirectorMichael Haneke - AmourBenh Zeitlin - Beasts Of The Southern WildAng Lee - Life Of PiSteven Spielberg - LincolnDavid O. Russell - Silver Linings Playbook

Best Actor In A Leading RoleDenzel Washington - FlightHugh Jackman - Les MiserablesDaniel Day-Lewis - LincolnJoaquin Phoenix - The MasterBradley Cooper - Silver Linings Playbook

Best Actress In A Leading RoleEmmanuelle Riva - AmourQuvenzhane Wallis - Beasts Of The Southern WildNaomi Watts - The ImpossibleJennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings PLaybookJessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty

Best Actor In A Supporting RoleAlan Arkin - ArgoChristoph Waltz - Django UnchainedTommy Lee Jones - LincolnPhilip Seymour Hoffman - The MasterRobert De Niro - Silver Linings Playbook

Best Actress In A Supporting RoleAnne Hathaway - Les MiserablesSally Field - LincolnAmy Adams -The MasterHelen Hunt - The SessionsJacki Weaver - Silver Linings Playbook

Best Original ScreenplayMichael Haneke - AmourQuentin Tarantino - Django UnchainedJohn Gatins - FlightWes Anderson & Roman Coppola - Moonrise KingdomMark Boal - Zero Dark Thirty

Best Adapted ScreenplayChris Terrio - ArgoLucy Alibar, Benh Zeitlin - Beasts of the Southern WildDavid Magee - Life Of PiTony Kushner - LincolnDavid O. Russell - Silver Linings Playbook

Best Foreign Language FilmAmourKon-TikiNoA Royal AffairWar Witch

Best Animated Feature FilmBraveFrankenweenieParaNormanThe Pirates! Band Of MisfitsWreck-It Ralph

Best Original SongBefore My Time - Chasing IcePi's Lullaby - Life Of PiSuddenly - Les MiserablesSkyfall - SkyfallEverybody Needs A Best Friend - Ted

Best CinematographySeamus McGarvey - Anna KareninaRobert Richardson - Django UnchainedClaudio Miranda - Life Of PiJanusz Kaminski - LincolnRoger Deakins - Skyfall

Best Film EditingWilliam Goldenberg - ArgoTim Squyres - Life Of PiMichael Kahn - LincolnJay Cassidy and Crispin Struthers - Silver Linings PlaybookWilliam Goldenberg, Dylan Tichenor - Zero Dark Thirty

Best Costume DesignJacqueline Durran - Anna KareninaPaco Delgado - Les MiserablesJoanna Johnston - LincolnEiko Ishioka - Mirror MirrorColleen Atwood - Snow White and the Huntsman

Best Documentary Feature5 Broken CamerasThe GatekeepersHow To Survive A PlagueThe Invisible WarSearching For Sugar Man

Best Visual EffectsThe Hobbit: An Unexpected JourneyLife Of PiMarvel's The AvengersPrometheusSnow White And The Huntsman

Best Production DesignSarah Greenwood, Katie Spencer - Anna KareninaDan Hennah, Ra Vincent, Simon Bright - The Hobbit: An Unexpected JourneyEve Stewart - Les MiserablesDavid Gropman, Anna Pinnock - Life Of PiRick Carter, Jim Erickson, Peter T Frank - Lincoln

Best Original ScoreDario Marianelli - Anna KareninaAlexandre Desplat - ArgoMychael Danna - Life Of PiJohn Williams - LincolnThomas Newman - Skyfall

Best Make UpHitchcockThe Hobbit: An Unexpected JourneyLes Miserables

Best Sound EditingArgoDjango UnchainedLife Of PiSkyfallZero Dark Thirty

Best Sound MixingArgoLes MiserablesLife Of PiLincolnSkyfall

Best Documentary Short FilmInocenteKings PointMondays At RacineOpen HeartRedemption

Best Animated ShortAdam And DogFresh GuacamoleHead Over HeelsMaggie Simpson In The Longest DaycarePaperman

Best Live-Action Short FilmAsadBuzkashi BoysCurfewDeath Of A ShadowHenry

The 85th Academy Awards will be announced on Sunday February 24th.

Bit of a good old gals line up for the best supporting, huh?

Got to say ... Bradley Cooper in Actor ... Jennifer Lawrence in Actress ... and Silver Linings Playbook in film .... fuck off.

VP in Charge of Cool

How in the fuck is Tom Hooper not nominated for BEST DIRECTOR for LES MIS? Like seriously, that's a travesty!

And yeah, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, while quirky and at times decent...it's not Oscar worthy by any stretch of the imagination...for none of the categories it's been nommed in.

and yeah Anne Hathaway needs to win Best Supporting. There is no one on that list that can even get close to matching her in LES MIS as Fantine. NO ONE.

Nothing for Skyfall or Dark Knight Rises...which I have to say I expected...but I know a lot of nerds are gonna be REALLY pissed about that one.
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.
    Writer/Editor/Talent Acquisitions/Production- Grayhaven Comics www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions - Shadowline Comics www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter: @marclombardi
    I'm opinionated. Be forewarned.

Consultant of Cool

And apparently, that tenth spot reserved for either a blockbuster or an SF film or something animated sitting empty means...

- They figure they have their bases covered with Life of Pi

- Brave and Wreck It Ralph weren't that good

- They don't feel they owe Chris Nolan anything for his Dark Knight snub

- Looper was too smart for the academy
    CammyKnoxville and Ben Trigg like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

Affleck and Bigelow missing Best Director is a shock. Seems like it was a three way race between them and Spielberg and their movies for BP, but that's clearly not the case.

And looks like Harvey Weinstein will buy the Oscars again, just like in the previous two years. And when Chicago won. And when Shakespeare in Love won. And when the English Patient won.

At least Haneke finally got an Oscar nomination. About damn time.
    To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    Jean-Luc Godard

Exceedingly Cool

As predicted, Killing Them Softly was snubbed across the board when IMO it should have been nominated for Best picture, Best Director(Andrew Dominik), Lead actor (Brad Pitt) and Supporting Actor (Scoot Mcnairy). This and Holy Motors should definitely have had more of a presence than they did in the nominations (i.e. any), as where Life of Pi and Silver Linings have no business anywhere on the list. Also, I'm pretty blown away Tarantino didn't get his director nomination. Thought it was a lock this time.

I'm a little surprised Looper didn't get any technical nods. And I didn't expect it, but I'm still a little sad there weren't any FX or Cinematography noms for Dredd, which was one of the best looking movies of the last year.

At least they didn't give Nolan some sort of undeserved pitty nomination to appease the nerd fanbase.
    Last edited by ChadGhostal; 01-10-2013 at 09:12 AM.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Nothing for Skyfall or Dark Knight Rises...which I have to say I expected...but I know a lot of nerds are gonna be REALLY pissed about that one.
    SKYFALL is up for Best Cinematography...which it totally deserves to win as it was shot GORGEOUSLY throughout.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sdelmonte View Post
    - Looper was too smart for the academy
    No, LOOPER isn't in there because it's a scientifically incorrect, and divisive nightmare.

DOCTOR WHO does time travel Timey wimey better in its sleep than LOOPER.

And the 3rd act which comes out of nowhere is hackneyed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast