Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason A. Quest

Thread: Simon Pegg On What The World\'s End Doesn\'t Feature - And That Includes The End Of The World

Administrator

Default Simon Pegg On What The World\'s End Doesn\'t Feature - And That Includes The End Of The World

Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg's sci-fi pubbing movie, The World's End is in post-production now for a release this Autumn - August, here in the UK.

We know for sure that it features a group of good friends reuniting in an attempt to complete an epic pub crawl, and we know for sure that those friends are played by Pegg as Gary King, Nick Frost as Andy Knight, Martin Freeman, Eddie Marsan and Paddy Considine. You can see them all in the first still, at the head of this story.

Steven Price is writing the music. That's a good thing too.

It was also widely assumed that the film was to feature some kind of apocalypse. A sci-fi picture called The World's End... it would seem to follow.

Not so, says Pegg. In fact, he's just tweeted a list of things that aren't in the film - even making explicit reference to an old Bleeding Cool story.
    I think it might be worth pointing out that 'The World's End, due to land August, this year, is not about the end of the world

? Simon Pegg (@simonpegg) January 10, 2013
    It has nothing to do with Camden or Pirates of the fucking Caribbean, nor does it feature any dancing zombies. All will be revealed. Soon.

? Simon Pegg (@simonpegg) January 10, 2013
    Note that spindly monocular robot type things are not on his list...

Okay, neither are a Maryland License plate, or goat or a small wooden puppet that goes by the name of Pinocchio.

You know, August isn't so far away. Not in comparison to how long we've been waiting for this movie.

I can feel myself getting a little bit excited.

Will there be any personifications of abstract concepts that begin with the letter D?
    Sawney Bean likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool

More importantly, will we see a mint Cornetto or one of the new flavours?

I am disappointed in the lack of Dancing Zombies. We don't get enough of those in the mainstream media.

Zen Master of Cool Death's Head's Avatar

Considine and Marsan. Almost a guarantee that this won't be shit. Almost.

Bleeding Cool

Lou

I trust Simon Pegg.