Thread: New Godzilla Features More Than One Monster, Lead Human Character Is A Soldier

Administrator

Default New Godzilla Features More Than One Monster, Lead Human Character Is A Soldier

Warner Bros. have today held an online conference for their advertising and marketing partners and during the discussion of Godzilla, they gave away a couple of key points that were hitherto completely unknown.

The biggest surprise, with all the pun value I can get from that, is that there will be two more monsters besides Godzilla himself.

CHUD had a spy in the conference, and here's how their report puts it:
    The film will feature more than one monster, confirming that twonewmonsters will also be wreaking havoc ? this in addition to the big green guy.
    Immediately, of course, I'm wondering what these other two creatures will be like. I'm not sure a giant lepidopteran is really in the Gareth Edwards style... or is it?

It was also made clear that the lead human role, presumably the part turned down by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, is that of a soldier.

Caleb Landry-Jones and Scoot McNairy are said to be Edwards' picks for the picture, with the studio liking Henry Cavill.

So the story is set amongst the military, the teaser trailer featured Robert Oppenheimer... they're going for something weighty here, I think. I've got a very good feeling about this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I'd have an even better feeling about the movie if Warner and Legendary would release that teaser trailer to the rest of the world.

Consultant of Cool

Trying to compete with Pacific Rim on some type of level.

VP in Charge of Cool Devil Dinosaur's Avatar

I want Mecha-Godzilla, King Ghidorah and a Godzilla with thunder-thighs, please. And the early, grisly death of Mathew Broderick. Thank you.

Hoping for Anquinus or Mothra myself *Baragon would be nice to, he needs more love, but probably not gonna happen*
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
    ― Dr. Seuss

Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by SoundMonkey44 View Post
    *Baragon would be nice to, he needs more love, but probably not gonna happen*
    Baragon is probably too similar to that thing sloshing around in the Pacific Rim trailer, so it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalClavicles View Post
    Baragon is probably too similar to that thing sloshing around in the Pacific Rim trailer, so it won't happen.
    Your probably right. Speaking of which Pacific Rim looks AWESOME! I hope it turns out to be just as entertaining as the trailers make it look/it has the potential to be.

*knock on wood*
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
    ― Dr. Seuss